LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for tool set this black Fri??

Hey guys so I'm looking to pick up a decent tool set this black Friday. Looking for some recommendations on a good overall set from wherever, seen some good ones on sears. Let me know what you guys think and if you have better recommendations.

115pc Set For $119.99

220pc Set For $99.99

Harborfreight 105pc Set

For $35.74

what do you guys recommend?

blue point 100 piece general service set. I've owned this set for years. it has been in my car on long trips torn many projects and rebuilt many a things and more. only thing it lacks is a deep socket set. this is just a nice handy set. i have 100's of other tools because i work in a shop but this set is just convenient and awesome for the price (never broke any of the pieces yet)

just a reference for ya. you can buy them used all over the internet from what I've seen http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=644870&group_ID=682199

Hands down the Sears set is hard to beat. The life time warranty at any sears store or number of other stores that now sell craftsman tools is worth more then it weight in gold.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

if you don't want to spend the dough on name brand tools, kobalt from lowes is dirt cheap. 20$ for a deep socket set, then you can get short, long, 3/8, 1/4 drive etc. i am pretty happy with there tools and especially for the price.

try them out, maybe lowes will have a sale (ill have to see if they got anything i like :)

Can't go wrong with craftsman. I use craftsman sockets and wrenches all day, everyday. For basic tools like sockets and wrenches craftsman works fine, no need for anything fancy. Especially if you're only going to be using them once in awhile.

They also honor their warranty no questions asked. On the rare occasion I've had to warranty a tool I just handed it to the sears employee and they handed me a new one :).

Archived