LegacyGT.com

Hogzaust question.

I want to do a hogzaust on my 98 LOB, mostly to make it sound better than stock. Does it actually do anything for performance? Will it negatively affect my engine? Keep in mind, everything is stock accept for the intake and I'm going to change that back to stock here pretty soon.

I like the sound of aftermarket exhausts on Subarus soooo much, but I have no cash to work with or a way to tune my car to work with a good exhaust, so this is my only option.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

How about instead of making a giant exhaust leak right under your drivers seat to where all your exhaust gasses will seep into your car and kill you, you just leave it alone until you have money to do a real exhaust.

Either that, or you can cut a hole in the bottom of your muffler if all you're looking for is loud....or even cut off your muffler.

The hogzaust is a terrible idea. Honestly, its stupid.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If you want more rumble throw a circle muffler on there like was said above I don't think a leaking exhaust is anything anyone wants...

My dads stock 240sx sounds alot better(I mean louder, Cars gotten tickets because if they hear u coming your the one they aim the radar at) after it started leaking and on a NA car its not really gonna affect performance.. BUT you could get a muffler for 30$ and do it properly or headers and actually release the boxer rumble.

my car is the opposite I want to tone it down a couple notches and will be adding a resonator where some cats used to be

Why don't you all just stop bashing the dude for thinking of a way to get a little more sound from his car for cheap. And if you think about it the shit was done 6 years ago when there wasn't a whole lot of choices for an exhaust for the LGT's. Apparently it wasn't to bad of an idea considering the fact that there were more then a few ppl that did it and actually liked the sound it made. And I can't say I'd justify spending $1000 to be able to here the rumble from the engine. And there aren't to many exhaust if any that give you a decent hp/$ ratio for any car. So if all they wanted was to hear the rumble of the boxer engine and can do it for $1.00. I say why not do it. And the exhaust didn't leak under the driver seat...... The "mod" was done at the rear muffler flange

And before someone assumes I've done this "mod". I haven't cuz I don't need too, I've got enough weather induced holes in my 18 year old factory exhaust so there's no need to add anymore.

The other point to the hogzaust is the fact that the mufflers have a flange right next to the body on the 05+. Anything before that doesnt and thus the mod makes 0 sense.

• I Donated
if you think about it the shit was done 6 years ago when there wasn't a whole lot of choices for an exhaust for the LGT's

I'm sorry but you're sadly mistaken. 6 years ago, there were endless options for the Legacy GT. Mufflers are not model specific (unless you go with direct fit). You can have any exhaust shop bend pipe and put almost any muffler you would ever want onto any car.

I know because I do this stuff all day every day.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I charge $25 labor to weld in a muffler in my shop. Most people provide their own mufflers. You can buy a muffler for $20 and up. Or if you want loud, you could just cut off your muffler.

To open up your exhaust right under the cab of the car is just stupid. You wind up breathing toxic fumes any time you drive your car.

There are other options that are free and cheap.

You can find almost any local car guy friend who will cut off your muffler for free too.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated Too
I charge $25 labor to weld in a muffler in my shop. Most people provide their own mufflers. You can buy a muffler for $20 and up. Or if you want loud, you could just cut off your muffler.

To open up your exhaust right under the cab of the car is just stupid. You wind up breathing toxic fumes any time you drive your car.

There are other options that are free and cheap.

You can find almost any local car guy friend who will cut off your muffler for free too.

Or do a resonator delete and add new cans. I think that's what I'm gonna do.

• I Donated
My exhaust leak is under my cabin and makes me tired after awhile.

Is that why there is a big dent in the side of your car now? Did it make you fall asleep? lol

BTW - I think there is a sedan in your color at the junk yard. I'm gonna check it out next time I'm over there for you. When I make it over there, if they still have it I don't mind picking it up and shipping it to you

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Yeah i'd be curious on the cost. Has to be a Sedan rear driver door.

No the big dent is there because someone hit me in an intersection. Was going straight through and she decided to turn into the rear of me and then take off.

Archived