LegacyGT.com

How does this compare? (Stage2 Dyno sheet)

DDMan

How do the numbers look?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How do the numbers look?

• Everything looks just about right for Stage 2
    • Something is off, but I can't tell what...
    • Something is definitely wrong with the numbers.

Got the car tuned today at a VERY reputable tuner. Let me know what you guys think of the numbers:

2008 LGT Limited (5MT)

Stock intake (AVO oil-less panel filter)

Stock TMIC (Bulletproofed)

Stock Turbo

Stock fuel/injectors

Catless Divorced wastegate DP

3" DP-Back exhaust, STOCK MUFFLERS.

Basically...Stage 2. Max boost was set to 17 PSI and per the tuner it tapers off to 8 PSI at redline.

The numbers (if you can't read them):

215 WHP @ 4800 RPM

279 WTQ @ 3000 RPM

220895266_10_13_11DynoAnon.thumb.jpg.f27aa3b1f15577be65f82aa94b306b8a.jpg

What brand dyno was used (or how is it scaled), and do you have any data from before the modifications?

I'm running nearly the same configuration as you and have almost exactly the same tq reading but a bit more HP on a Dyno Dynamics unit.

Kind of my thinking I was expecting about 30-40 more HP.... However the torque sounds right and the graph is smooth. Does a VF46 really drop to 8psi around redline?

The graph is smooth, because smoothing was applied. No graph is that smooth.

I made 50whp more than you, and 58 ft-lbs more (with my peak 600rpm sooner). My setup is almost identical to yours, but I have a cat in the downpipe and had a stock air filter and stock catback at the time. My pulls were done on a Dynapak, and I have a VF46.

Peak boost in my setup is 18.2psi, tapering to 13psi or something up top.

I'd say that nothing is wrong, it's just an extra-conservative tune.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No dyno from before, as I drove the car there on the stock tune with the Stage2 stuff put on it (very carefully)

As for the model of Dyno, I'm not sure what it was. The only two things I deleted from the dyno sheet was the tuner info and my last name. Lol.

What brand dyno was used (or how is it scaled), and do you have any data from before the modifications?

I'm running nearly the same configuration as you and have almost exactly the same tq reading but a bit more HP on a Dyno Dynamics unit.

I understand about the smoothing, but you're telling me that you made 50 more HP and 58 more Lb/Ft of torque by having a stock air filter, cat in the exhaust (even a high flow), and a stock cat back and that's NORMAL? I find that VERY ODD.

And I have a MBC, if the turbo could hold 17 PSI to redline, it would. You don't find that it dropping to 8PSI (compared to your 13) is odd?

I know you can't compare one dyno to another very well (its more of a baseline vs end result comparison), but I still think that they CAN be compared in a generic way. Plus HP is always a function of TQ at a given RPM. Lower boost for me (at high RPM) causes low torque, which in turn causes low HP.

Obviously my torque seems to be right on spec for the car/tune, but the HP is low. Max TQ is at 3000 RPM where it creates full boost, but it tapers off after that, severely.

The graph is smooth, because smoothing was applied. No graph is that smooth.

I made 50whp more than you, and 58 ft-lbs more (with my peak 600rpm sooner). My setup is almost identical to yours, but I have a cat in the downpipe and had a stock air filter and stock catback at the time. My pulls were done on a Dynapak, and I have a VF46.

Peak boost in my setup is 18.2psi, tapering to 13psi or something up top.

I'd say that nothing is wrong, it's just an extra-conservative tune.

Why do you have an MBC?

My boost is controlled by the stock BCS. I hit peak boost at ~2400 RPM and make peak torque just there (337ft-lbs). Torque falls off quickly, that's normal for the VF46. Still, I made 263whp at 5500RPM.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Per the tuner "Its road dyno software that I developed a while back. When used properly it reads very closely with the lower reading Mustang chassis dynos. There is no correction factor used."

I found that these are some of the baselines to compare on the same dyno:

Stock WRX - 155-165whp

Stock STI - 215-225whp

So, I'm not too concerned about the "low" numbers, but more the extreme variation between the HP and TQ values. I just don't see any other Stage 2 LGT's coming up with that big of a gap between the numbers.

And I have a MBC because that's what he recommended. I still have my stock ECU controlled one in a box now in my garage.

Archived