LegacyGT.com

Installed new end links.. did I break something?

timmahh

I don't think I did.. but my left front end link was bad, so rather than pay $100 warranty deductible I bought some Ralliteks and put them on [i'll do bars at some point..].

My question is.. is it really possible to mess anything up while doing this? It's 4 bolts.. easy.. but my front tires sure as heck squeal a lot now. Is it just the result of the front end being tight again?

Sorry for the dumb thread/question.. just had to ask. :)

Greetings,

I just ordered some kartboys and a whiteline sway for my car. Endinks are suppose to be installed while the suspension is under normal load. Does everything look evenly spaced from left to right? I wouldn't expect any squeeling, but I'm no expert.

Well I jacked the car up a little bit.. and only a little, since my jack sucks it can't really hold any weight anymore.. i'd say the car was at most lifted 2 - 3 inches above normal height [tires were still on the ground], so I could crank a little easier.. but as I bolted things down the jack would just drop down to where the car was holding itself again.

Find a raised surface, you can put both tires on or invest in some ramps. Loosen the endlinks and make sure the swaybar is centered in the front. TIghten everything back up and see if that helps.

Regardless of how you did it, your front tires should not just be squealing away like a stuck pig....

Unless you're truly driving *that* hard, of course!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I guess i'll take her for a spin and pay more attention; it's possible i'm just driving it harder because there's a new part thus my car 800HPSUPERPERFORMANCE!

You know.. a mental car mod. It doesn't clunk when I go up my driveway now which is nice.

^ There's plenty of us who do ours while on jackstands - with no problems.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My clunking was due to the endlink being shot.. the rubber cover was torn and it was full of dirt.. no grease left.. I think they were both worn out, but the left one was really messed up.

Driving wise.. I dunno.. I think everything is fine. maybe it's just responding a bit better, and i'm more confident knowing it's not broken so i'm pushing it harder?

i need ice cream now..

Archived