LegacyGT.com

Check engine light, VDC light is on, and cruise control and sport light is flashing

I was driving home on my way from work, about half way during my commute the cruise control light starts flashing along with the sport mode light. The check engine light along with vdc symbol for off appears on the dash. I can't even switch to I nor S# mode. I hope its not something serious, just in case I kep the car under 2,000 rpm's and listend to make sure the turbo wasn't making any unusal noise. I have the gold plus extended warranty til 60k.

I called the service dept at the dealer today, told them my problems. They asked me if I had at least a half of tank of gas. They said the gas cap might be loose to check that. Drive for a day or two and see if it changes things. Than if not to make an appointment. I'll check the gas cap, and maybe reset the battery see if that changes things. I also might swing by autozone to pull some codes.

Thank goodness no oil light flashing.....I had all the other lights like you PLUS the flickering oil light. It was the oil pick-up tube in the pan that had shattered.....cost SOA a short block replacement under extended warranty(happened at 40K). Just posting this as a heads-up to my LGT friends! Watch for flickering oil light!
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I tried the car again tonite, same lights going off. Turned off the car, redid the gas cap. Unpluged the battery for 3mins, started the GT up. Everything is back to normal drove it for about 20miles nothing so far. I'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

I just had the Check engine light, VDC light, etc... happen this morning under normal driving conditions.

AP read P0171: System too Lean (Bank 1).

I have been running the same PDX Stage II tune for the past year. I reset the ECU drove for a few miles and all seems ok.

Recommendations?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
sorry for bring this thread back but i had the check engine light come on while warming up the car the other morning, si drive automatically changed from i to s and engine sounded a bit noisier and kinda like it was misfiring, all went back to normal after car came to operating temp, hasn't happened again.. yet. Does any one know how major/not major it may be? are the cheap Chinese Bluetooth obd2 scanners upto the task for getting error codes? would appreciate any advise

sorry for bring this thread back but i had the check engine light come on while warming up the car the other morning, si drive automatically changed from i to s and engine sounded a bit noisier and kinda like it was misfiring, all went back to normal after car came to operating temp, hasn't happened again.. yet. Does any one know how major/not major it may be? are the cheap Chinese Bluetooth obd2 scanners upto the task for getting error codes? would appreciate any advise

Welcome to the forum.

Most any auto parts store will read the code for free.

I thought you couldn't go to Sport mode until the blue light went out...

The CC will not work until you clear the CEL. That's normal.

When were the spark plugs changed ? they are do every 60,000 miles.

Oh, I see your not in the USA, I gather you must have a auto part store near you ?

But yes , most any decent OBD2 scanner will read the code and be able to clear it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You guys know you don't need to buy anything or go anywhere to pull codes, right? The codes display on the cluster on 07+ Legacys

1. With headlights off, turn key to ON

2. Turn headlights on, press display select stick thingy 4 times

3. Turn headlights off, press display select stick thingy 4 times

4. Turn headlights on, press display select stick thingy 4 times

After this, the codes will show up on the cluster and you can google them to see what they mean. Step 1 has to be done within 3 seconds, and the whole process has to be done within 10 seconds.

Archived