LegacyGT.com

Lifting gen4 legacy?

camwander

Hi all,

Visiting from uklegacy to mine the legacygt collective knowledge.

I have a 2005 spec b BP, and planning to lift it slightly. Had a good search through here but have probably missed the info I need, if anyone can post up links it'd be much appreciated as I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Questions are can I fit stock outback struts and springs to the spec b(which would be ~50mm lift)? If not next best options are?? Getting a quote on new coil overs for a~40mm lift.

I've also seen lifting springs from H&R for a 35mm lift which they say will work with standard dampers.

I know the easy option would be to chop it in for an OB, but I like the 6 speed manual, and I have the rest of the car sorted as I'd like, other than my current work is pounding the underside on tracks/ on and off verges etc.

Thanks for any useful info

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can just did it on mine Outback xt stuts and springs with LGT tophats and subtle solutions 1/4in spacers all the way around to just for a tad more lift ;) but will say getting the rears mounted up was kind of a pain since the whole spindle has to get pushed down a bit further.

IMAG0253.thumb.jpg.84e4278c8651c337ab52c40c3e0fbc4e.jpg

IMAG0256.thumb.jpg.e861e0cc099498d587357fa0538e5852.jpg

Thanks Jaroslaw, great to see some photos. When you were underneath did you see anything that concerned you with drivetrain angles etc? Also be interesting to know if you got it aligned what the result was, or if it was still within spec?

I've found some 35mm lift springs from H&R so current plan is to fit those on some B6 bilsteins, so will be lower than yours, but still ~55mm up on the standard spec b set up I think.

Hope you're enjoying the drive!

Nothing to concerning with the drivetrain and the alignment was slightly affected camber wise but it was a quick ajustment.

The drive Im still getting used to since mine was lower a bit just gotta remember I cant it corners at high speeds :/ I still need to come up with some type of light bar design for the front to complete the look.

Archived