LegacyGT.com

Catback for LGT wagon help

My head hurts from all the searching I've done. I did not find a solid answer to what fits/works best for a 2006 LGT. I plan on keeping the stock downpipe and turbo. Just want more sound to the exhaust that will last me some years. Read lots of posts on ebay systems relabeled with different names. I am definitely capable of coating a new part to make it last longer. I'm looking for a good mix of sound and quality for under $500. I'm leaning towards the OBX system. A sticky thread of comparisons would be great. And I know fitment seems to be an issue with sedans vs wagons. I'm in the PNW so it will have to put up with the weather and road slime they put down. Appreciate any help guys. Thanks.

Your choices are limited with the wagon. I had thought about it early on and eventually just gave up. I'm glad I did because I like being under the radar.

But I have read some posts that installed sedan systems and had longer tips put on to extend out past the bumper cutouts. That's probably your best bet. Find the exhaust you want and make it work.

I've got the Borla CBE on my wagon (sedan fitment only) and I love it.

I haven't extended the exhaust tips because I like how "sleeper" it looks.

The cans and tips hide behind the bumper, and only enthusiasts recognize that it's aftermarket.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

I searched a couple hours yesterday. I found that the OBX is wagon specific and the Nameless as mentioned above. What I didn't find is pics of the OBX installed. I would like the tips to sit flush with the bumper or back a little. I don't want the tips to stick out past the bumper, it just looks silly IMO. Nameless is out of my price range for sure. If I had the choice I'd go Borla, but that isn't going to happen either.

Anyone got pics of the OBX? Or how far back the standard sedan exhaust sits?

Yeah, I went through that whole thread already. Good info, but again, missing pics of it installed on a wagon. I already know with the ebay one I will have to add a resonator, fit it correctly, and coat it myself. If I had to extend tips as well then I'm already at the price of the OBX.

Just remove your mufflers and see how you love the sound. Then go have muffler deletes made with tips you like.

My Spec B sounds great with stock exhaust with no mufflers.

I have posted sounds clips on here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/muffler-deletei-220369.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I personally removed my mufflers and it seemed like it lost a lot of low end torque/overall performance. Plus not only did it smell inside the cabin, I wouldn't recommend you take the mufflers off.

The cans and tips hide behind the bumper, and only enthusiasts recognize that it's aftermarket.

Any issues with the hanger(s) locations?

Look at used parts on here and any other forums you may visit. I found what I was looking for, except its actually wagon fitment. I got what I think is a reasonable deal on an Auto Speed catback from another member here. right close to what you are looking to spend and it has great build quality and sound. This catback is much more new, but some deals just sneak up on you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVoLYSeb4Y]2008 Subaru Legacy GT specB Autospeed catback - YouTube[/ame]

Has a CNT catless dp and the aforementioned catback.

I hate to see the areas around the exhaust tips, they must be black!

Any issues with the hanger(s) locations?

No, they are in the same location sedan vs wagon.

I hate to see the areas around the exhaust tips, they must be black!

Well my wagon IS OBP, but it doesn't run that rich. I've got a good tune on it now ;-)

The Cobb map I previously had left soot on the bumper though.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Archived