LegacyGT.com

Sunroof Cover Stopper Missing

So about a month ago, that little rubber stopper that stops the sunroof cover fell out. If ur not sure what i'm talking about, its a little rubber piece towards the front center of the sunroof assembly. Its a rectangular piece with a nob coming out of it to secure it in place. So I put that rubber piece back where it should be assuming it wouldn't come out again. Shoulda glued it in the first time.:mad:

So now it fell out again and I'm pretty sure its lost. Anyone have the part number on this piece. It is a little annoying when i close the cover theres no stopper there. I'm going to try to ask the dealer when I go in for my next oil change, but thats a few thousands miles away. =]

Help on this would be greatly appreciated. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I know this is a dead post but mine is also missing on one side and Subaru says you have to replace the entire roof bracket assy. 300.00+. Today the other rubber piece opposite side popped off and sunroof closes with no problems. I might just keep it like this for now!

I actually brought my car to the dealer. they located it in some very hidden spot. No idea. they glued it back on for me.

the original thing was to replace my assenbly under warranty, but thats dumb. =P

I only have one rubber stopper in the center that stops the cover. Theres more?

I'm assuming that we're seeing different stoppers. I have one on either side of my sunroof assy. Right underneath the metal slide rails on the fwd section of my brackets I have a rubber rectangle shaped stopper. It basically balances out both corners as my sunroof closes. I don't see any rubber stoppers in the middle of my sunroof. According to your profile pic you have an 09 2.5i. I have an 08 2.5i. not sure if the design is different or not.

yepp I guess it might be different. But the dealer that originally wanted to replace my assembly was going to actually purchase a new one and take the part I need. I told them it wasn't worth that much trouble.

as for my tranny clunking. depends on when. I only cluck downshifting when I suddenly gas it during its downshift. Then I feel a little jolt? if you can call it that. Other than that, no clunking ever.

Archived