LegacyGT.com

great way to stop water from soaking AEM CAI?

CTATV

hey guys, i ordered my AEM intake im waiting to measure it and then call and see if the one im linking to is the right size or I need a custom sized one made.

I have used outerwears on my ATVs and dirtbikes for years. they really dont limit flow but they repel water if it splashes on them. after hearing about some people getting their filters soaked when going through puddles I figured this might be a good idea...

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/proddetail.asp?prod=73415

yeah they really do work and dont restrict flow. they are commonplace in the atv world where your in the muck mud and water all the time... its a really neat material if you put it up to your mouth and blow its like nothing is there but you splash it with water and it bounces off

• 5 months later...
after researching them on other forums, I chose not to use the cover thing, too many other potential problems to be caused vs. it's few benefits. And puddles are not the only way a filter can get wet. My issue was just regular rain entering through the engine bay and front grill. I read a post here where someone used a plastic funnel like an umbrella to keep the water running down the intake and onto the top of the filter element, enough to wet the filter and cool the MAF wire. I installed one on my AEM and have not had a an error code since. Quick, simple and doesn't need to be cleaned.

I havent installed my AEM intake yet as im waiting to do my UP/DP and get a dyno tune, and i think my clutch is going to need to be done so I cant tell you first hand, but I will be doing this when I put it on

I would also be quite curious of the negatives of having it on you found in your research trackhore

Archived