LegacyGT.com

OCV Variation

Can't seem to find anything in previous threads that have definitive information.

I'm about to drive cross country and as a precaution I logged OCV's this morning.

Does anyone have a solid answer for what an acceptable variation is in duty cycle. I am seeing as much as 3.5% albeit isolated, with variation showing up about 50% of the time generally under 2%.

Passenger side banjo filter is removed.

Thanks for the help.

New Mexico to Maine. Are you going up rt84 in CT. I'm just off exit 68 or 69.

beep when you go by...:) Well I'm about 3/4 east between the two exits.

Is it safe to assume you've pulled both OCV and cleaned them ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When we're talking about variation in duty cycle, we're talking about the difference between "OCV Duty Int L" and "OCV Duty Int R", correct?

I just logged the attached file. Both left and right are ~9% at idle and light throttle cruising, and go up to ~50% under throttle. Both L and R stay very close to each other.

Is that what it's supposed to look like? I haven't logged OCV Duty before - looks like it was just added to APv2 monitors this past January.

datalog12.csv

@Max, yup thats the route. stopping off in Philly to see some friends on the way. I have pulled the driver side, doing the passenger side today.

@stm- yours look more or less like mine, slight variation at or under 2% from side to side but nothing shocking.

Have you asked one of the Tuners yet ?

www.tuningalliance.com when your in CT on rt84E his house is about 1/4 mile east of exit 65.

Email Mike and see if he has any info.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

OK, bumping this.

First, car was great cross country, and man, 93 octane and sea level are amazing. hit 19 psi for the first time ever. :wub:

so I finally got around to logging the AVCS advance and it looks like I am seeing some pretty significant variation in advance, in one case up to 9 degrees over a period of just under a second on the left side. see log screenshot with column added for side to side variation.

Think I am going to go ahead and replace at least the driver side OCV but wanted to see if anybody else had some input.

425136203_VVTVariation.png.c970aa84b57e1dddacbe593e2165a65c.png

• 2 weeks later...
in case anyone "stumbles" on this, I replaced left OCV today, variation is down to 1% and low rpm stumble is almost completely gone. May replace the other side as well for good measure.

Archived