LegacyGT.com

AVO Large hood scoop - with pics

LandShark

Perhaps this subject has been posted already. If so, I apologize.

I asked Paul at AVO to verify that the larger hood scoop (in carbon fiber or plastic) fits the stock hood opening or if it requires a mod (change in shape) to the opening. He said it fits over the stock scoop?

Here's a link he sent me with lots of pics: http://www.k2k2.jp/menu2119.htm

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
meh.... I don't like it. Putting on a bigger hood scoop that doesn't do anything to increase performance is like putting on a bigger spoiler that is even less functional than before. Perhaps a larger scoop would suck in more air, but I would think that Subaru did extensive testing on the proper size for the scoop before deciding on the one they did.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I actually can't say that I like the looks that much either. I mean, maybe an enlarged version of the scoop already on there would look good, but this thing sort of just looks like something stuck on top of the hood. Just my opinion.

Weston

Call me crazy....I like the way it looks. I don't like the fact that it sticks over the stock one.....seems like a silly add-on like a fake cell-phone antenna or fake side gills you see on Civics.

Call me crazy....I like the way it looks. I don't like the fact that it sticks over the stock one.....seems like a silly add-on like a fake cell-phone antenna or fake side gills you see on Civics.

Ditto. think it looks pretty sharp. But what I also like is that spoiler on that white sedan in the backround. Not that it matters to me, having the wagon and all.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I like it, some one just needs to make a new Carbon fiber hood, and incorporate the larger scoop so it is all one piece...now that would be HOT....and maybe even a ram air inlet on the air intake side for a CAI.....

cheers

jon

http://www.k2k2.jp/img/earo/BP_earo/050125-01b.jpg

wow..thats so hot. what kit is that, it's one of the nicest looking I've seen.

-Tyler

Definitely like it. The first one looks good, but doesn't look like it would grab much more air. Any more information available for this one? I'd jump on it if they're available in the States.

Archived