LegacyGT.com

My First and Last Subaru

Barf ... what legend were they talking about? There's only been one LEGEND in my opinion - think '94-95 Acura Legend Coupe! Then the whole web shot reinforcing the "rice burner" image with the WRX in a China Town alley. Not to mention what the revised Tribeca looks like. Subaru has no identity whatsoever. They don't miss the mark -- they haven't a clue what their mark (or rather market) is.

I'm really disappointed ... now I understand why the values of these cars drop like rocks. Now I know why when people sit in my car for the first time they ask questions like, "what is this, a Scion, a Kia?"

I can never doubt the performance of the LGT, but look what they did to the '07. No improvements ... come on, no one is going to tell me they like the wheels on the 07s more than 05-06s! Then my clutch burns out at 29k mi ... oh yeah, non-performance clutch and tranny mated to a 250hp/250lbft torque turbo engine. Again, they don't make the connections on anything. Perhaps I'll see who has 0% financing this week becuase I certainly am only going to get what I owe on this car and that's after dropping $4k down, 1500 rebate and getting car slightly under invoice in July 05. Laters..................................

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with your next car purchase...

sucks YOUR car didnt live up to the potential it has or could of been.

I love my 05 5MT Wagon, 18G and all the goodies, Commuter car with +60K on the Odometer...and Still Rocking the Stock Clutch...

OUT

~Sucka-Duck~

Sorry to hear you're sad about it.. but my clutch is at 53k and still alright. a few bad apples maybe?

as for the wrx... i didnt buy a wrx so it doesnt matter to me.

when i had a celica it didnt bother me that the echo was the ugliest car i've ever seen.

Also I'm not sure what other cars you've had but not many cars go through drastic changes 2-3 years into the model cycle.

car for sale. PM me!

Not to sound like a dick, but I havent heard other members complain of their clutch burning out that early and there are plenty here who have more than 40,000 miles. Mine went out at 70,000 miles, but I believe that was because the woman who owned the car before me wasnt pushing it in all the way (she was very short).

As for the Acura Legend. Ha. Thats a laugh. My roomate has a '95 SE. What a joke. The basically took a leftover '94 L, sewed special edition into the floor mats and added a 6 disc changer in the trunk. This car is his pride and joy, but its rusting, not sporty at all, and might as well be called a Buick. Don't tell him that or any other Legend driver out there. Many dont know that theyre driving modified Hondas. Shhhhh....:p

As for resale. Well, I did the bluebook on my LGT. Given that is 8 years old, but still a GT Limited, has 91,000 miles on it I could get $11,000 for it. Fantastic in my oppinion.

As mentioned before.....

anyone that trades within the first 2 years of ownership will take a beating with about EVERY brand.

As long as you do not drive alot of miles you need to lease if you get bored that quickly

Go get a 06-07 TL look out for those AT equipped cars though

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I like that only minor changes were made on the '07, that way my '05 doesn't look outdated. I haven't had a problem with my clutch, maybe its an issue of user error. This is my family's 6th Subaru, Legacy for that matter, and I plan on keeping on the Subaru tradition.

I for one like the stock '07 wheels.

As for the rest of what you said, BAN :). How dare you insult our precious Subarus. I was going to type a big long reply but I'm sure it would be lost on you. Let us know what car you replace your Legacy with then come back 3 months later and tell us if your still happy with it.

I dont know why you wouldnt like the LGT... its an awesome car for the price... And as far as depreciation... its really not that bad compared to a lot of cars. Sure its not a Honda or Toyota in resale value... But when the insurance wrote off my car (after a year and a half of ownership, 05 written off at end of 06) they paid 25,300 for it... Of course I couldnt sell it to someone for that, but as far as insurance is concerned, it holds its value REALLY well.

And the 07 rims suck, but thats just IMO. The 05 rims are t3h hawtness.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Obviously V-Power hasn't been around Subaru's very long with those statements.I could write a long rebuttal,but like raby said, ain't worth the effort

I hear Buick is doing some big promotions this weekend.,maybe try there.

picard.jpg.5f48a405c1e4ec72a16d16b011350db0.jpg

Dont forgot, the way HP is measured has changed since then too...YOU NOW HAVE ONLY 240hp! :lol:. Seems like the issues you have (besides the clutch) could have been solved by JUST looking at the god damn car before you bought it.:spin:

People form a certain relationship with there car (for better, worse, or weird) and to have someone come in and complain about it, and for reasons that seem ummm....well bogus (wheels look not so good? Inside not a BMW? Did you look at this vehicle before purchase?) there is sting that goes with it. It seems to me, that on these types of posts, the people are PISSED off at the car or company. They feel helpless because there is no one but themselves to hold accountable. Granted, he wasnt being a complete dick, but posts like this dont seem to be "sorry guys car didnt work out latez" but rather "I dont like this car, it cost a alot of money, and i am a jerkoff for buying something I didnt really like from the start, and you guys are idiots to...right?"

maybe you guys are just in a higher place than I....lol or maybe I am the one being passive aggressive because I have to got to Pitt to visit my ladys parents. Either way I here yah and like I said, he wasnt a complete dick, bu neither was I.

If your friends are inside the car asking you if its a kia.... you need to stop hanging out with idiots.

I've had nothing but compliments about the interior of my car, and I have cloth.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

If your friends are inside the car asking you if its a kia.... you need to stop hanging out with idiots....

Either that or make them Drive him round in their Cavalier Z24!! ;)

~Sucka-Duck~

Yeah I agree with that completely. ^^ when I first got my car it was stick and I didn't know how to drive it yet. So after a couple of lessons I figured we would go for a cruise but wasn't confident enough so I let a friend drive it. Every one of my friends that drove my car loved the comfort of the interior the looks of the exterior.

It's not that he doesn't like his car, it's that he doesn't know anything about cars. Low resale value for new-ish cars isn't a recent development. Clutches wearing out isn't new. Forgive me if I seem uncharitable, but if someone complains about taking a bath trading in a car that new, I have to assume that he can't operate a clutch either.

What the OP needs to do is learn how to count, learn how to drive and learn how to buy what he actually wants.

I must agree, 08 WRX is not even funny. Tribeca was redesigned to make the american SUV drivers happy.

To be brutally honest, the riced out 08WRX corolla look might sell them more cars though the people buying them will be nowhere the brain power of people on this board.

Archived