LegacyGT.com

Jump time???

HEy all its been awhile since I've been on here. So I thought I blew up my engine again, But I just started it up and it sounds fine just Not running perfectly. What happened is I ran it out of oil and the engine seized up. when i put oil in it it started back up But had a knock. I let it sit for around 4 to 5 months. and i'm now trying to sell it. But i said what the hell lets start it up one more time. and now it sounds like its running fine. so what i want to know is do you guys think that maybe when it seized up it made it jump time and not throw a rod bearing or something. Input would be great if it just jumped time I'll fix it and see But before i do i want some other peoples input. THanks guys. :D

the ej22, 2.2L engine will take a lot of abuse. that it why i love it.

it is in fact the perfect engine for an ''outback'' car in the ''great outback down under''. takes a lot of abuse and keeps running, easy to work on, and if it is a 90 - 96, it is a noninterference engine so no damage if the t-belt fails.

depending on the engine year, the ''knock'' you heard may have been HLA noise , not rod bearing noise. low oil levels will cause them to clatter. but letting it idle will usually pump them up again , eliminate the noise and with no damage.

drive it. what have you got to lose? is the sale price going to change if it dies? would you sell it now, as is, without informing the buyer?

if it dies , it dies. if you run it for a few weeks with no noise then you can sell it with a clear conscience.

the ej22 engine will take a lot of abuse. that is why i love it.

what year is your engine?

• 3 weeks later...
96 out of a Impreza sorry I forgot all about this. It now has a whinning sound. not sure how to explain it. I'm hopefully selling it next week. would like to keep it. but i've No use for broken car. and any spare money i have will be going to my mustang.... when i put it back together I may try to drive it and see how it does... now that i redid the timing. but I'm pretty sure i threw a rod bearing. :/

the 96 ej22 is a non-interference engine. running oit out of oil is about the only way to kill one.

but if it is running sell as is , running.

if i were looking for a similar car, i would be skeptical of rod knock. but anything is possible. not too many ej22s die from rod knock. at lest not on the 3 subaru forums i visit.

good luck.

Archived