LegacyGT.com

Racecomp Engineering past , present and future....

I wanted to take the time to thank each and every customer, forum member, and dealers for your support these past 6 years. It has been a long road and I really appreciate the support and sales. The purpose of me writing is to also inform you all of things we want to do and work on to better serve you.

I wrote a company update in early 2007 so I will continue where I left off. In 2007 I took on a lot of outside ventures that I didn’t openly mention on-line. I worked for BMW, VW, Porsche and Mercedes as a driver taking press, media dealer principles for hot laps for new car launches. I also worked for Speed Channel as a cameraman in the ALMS and Speed GT series. That same year I raced in 2 IMSA sanctioned Panoz Series races. All this while being a dad, husband and trying to run a suspension tuning company. While modern technology kept me in touch with things going on with RCE/GTWORX, it was my employees that really held things together. Dan, Mike, and Drew all started around the 04-05 era and all have some type of motorsport experience. These guys really did a great job answering the 150+ daily pm’s, emails and aims. I owe a lot to them for their hard work.

Late in 2008 with the economy changing and car modifications being very secondary to what goes on in the rear world; we like many others felt the squeeze. We decided to join forces and share the same roof with the IMSA winning At Speed Motorsports race team in their 14000 sq ft facility. This move gave us many of the things we needed and helped us to come back in 2009 with new products and a new staff of dedicated people who care about suspension and racing.

In 2009 we released the GTWORX camber plates for use with coilovers or struts. We also released the Racecomp Engineering sway bars for the GD chassis.

For 2010 we have many things planned and already in the works. We are helping our sister company, GTWORX upgrade their website with new and exciting products like the new GTWORX/ Bilstein fixed perch shocks for the 2008+ Impreza WRX( non STI) with GR news coming soon!

For the Legacy (4) we are in our 3rd year of offering the RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers made by KW suspension and for the NEW 2010 Legacy have a Tarmac 2 prototype option that is being reviewed and plans for lowering springs and sway bars for the (2010) LGT/3.6 platform.

GTWORX was started in mid 2005 as an affordable option to RCE and was expected to carry all non RCE products and focus on suspension parts for other brands. Instead it has turned into a support brand of RCE and allows for a larger footprint in the industry. 2010 represents a breakout year for GTWORX with many new products and ventures.

GTWORX is also releasing a single and double adjustable coilover known as the GT1 and GT2. This new damper was co-developed by the legendary Netherlands based race damper manufacture JRZ as an initiative for an affordable race proven design for our tech savvy niche market of Subaru owners.

Within days of this post expect sways from RCE for the GR chassis (08+ STI) and by March 1st, Yellow springs as well.

Special note: we had a few issues in the middle of the year with regards to lead times on warranty work of the popular RCE/KW co-branded coilovers. Since that time KW has resolved small staffing problems and is back up to speed on any warranty work or rebuilds. As well they have granted us our wishes that date back to early 2007 which were for Racecomp to become an authorized KW rebuild facility. So while we have known how to do this now we can officially extend this to our clients and give them the same after sale support they have come to expect from us.

In late 2009 we did one thing I had always wanted to do and that was we prepared a small brochure. So now with each order we are sending several brochures to all clients. If someone wants one please email us so we can send you one. Expect an updated version within a few months with all the new parts added. As well we are starting to send customer comment forms with each order and welcome the feedback so we can make the buying process better. Many of you know that we try to make the experience of sourcing and buying the right suspension parts less of a chore and more of a joy.

Since late 2003 I have kept my cell phone on every day of the week and all hours of the night. This is done to make sure we can offer as much support as possible. This will not change in 2010 as we want to be as involved as we can in helping and sometimes educating our market on suspension and the things we feel are important for our cars.

I also intend on driving more this year too. Some know, but not all that I am first a racer, and then I run RCE. My schedule doesn’t allow me to do as much racing as I would like, but the wife even feels I should so you know what that means! None the less my dedication hasn’t changed in these 6 years. I want to offer good products and the only way to do that is by testing them. I expect to get out to more time attack events and autocrosses in 2010. We are a small company with big dreams. I haven’t stopped dreaming and want to be able to make the niche market products and fill the gaps with parts that you the enthusiast want at a reasonable price. With your help we will continue to do that.

Thanks again for your support.

Myles Williams

Founder

Racecomp Engineering

Our community is great because of vendors like RCE. Thanks for caring and listening, I'm sure it's not always easy.

I love my T1's and recommend them to every LGT enthusiest that will listen. Best of luck in all of your ventures.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I've known Myles since he started RCE. He is a stand up guy, through-and-through. Keep up the good work!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've known Myles even before RCE :eek:.

Great dude with a true sense of how to treat customers right and turn out a great product with impeccable customer service.

I've bought many products from RCE and have been very satisfied with each and every product,matter of fact, (I believe I'm customer #2 in their database somewhere.)

And no I'm not Myles father :lol:.

Rudy

BTW, Myles,You owe me some new RCE stickers:p

I've known Myles even before RCE :eek:.

Great dude with a true sense of how to treat customers right and turn out a great product with impeccable customer service.

I've bought many products from RCE and have been very satisfied with each and every product,matter of fact, (I believe I'm customer #2 in their database somewhere.)

And no I'm not Myles father :lol:.

Rudy

BTW, Myles,You owe me some new RCE stickers:p

WOW...yeah Rudy you are customer # 2 !! You, Meridock, JANQ, all the original STI heads from Nasioc circa 2000-2001ish. Way before RCE.

You are right I have owed you a sticker since 2005 !! In the spring we are doing a local "ride and drive" event. Solely for other people to drive and ride in other peoples cars with different suspensions. We will do some t shirts and stickers etc.

Myles

Archived