LegacyGT.com

CEL after long trip. Help!

Drove a few hundred miles in 100+ temps yesterday. Woke up this morning for work and the CEL was on. Had the codes pulled and the guy told me it was a P2001 or "intake" code. He reset the code for me. Other than the CEL I haven't noticed anything else wrong. It has yet to come back but I've only driven about 2miles since he cleared it. Just want some advice on whether or not i should be worried about anything or if there is anything I should check. I did wash it the day before and my wife had the car running while I washed it. Some water went down the scoop into the intercooler but nothing crazy. Please no "soap in the intercooler" jokes. I'm seriously trying to get this off my mind right now. Besides, you jacka$$es had me scared stupid to wash my car for the longest time because of that joke.

Joke...what are you talking about, it's well documented what happens when you get soap and water on the tmic.

Have you looked in the Tech forum. At the top of of one them is a list of all codes.

You can google the code and find out more info.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That was the first thing I checked after finding out what the code was. Problem is, I can't seem to find this particular code. Now i'm wondering if he gave me the wrong number? Drove another 10miles yesterday and the CEL hasn't come back yet. As for the soap on tmic issue. If I was able to find one single credible post about it, I might believe you but I found 2 hours worth of flaming n00bie posts with not one resourceful, credible post via google, NASIOC, or these forumns.

Don't worry I was one of the the trolls in those soap in the tmic threads.

You may have just has a clich type code or any number of other problems these cars come up with.

The other morning on my DD I get on the highway, turn on curise control, hit the set button and notice my trip meter reading LL.3 for a second.

Have never seen it before or since.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

For OBD-I you can look here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/reading-obd-codes-146240.html

But if the code comes back then you should really check what it is about. But isn't '95 a year where some cars may have OBD-II and some OBD-I? In any case - it's a good idea to check everything from the gas cap to loose hoses in the engine compartment to make sure that everything is OK. And if you have a MAF it's not wrong to clean it.

453747.png

Archived