LegacyGT.com

Alarm Issues

I recently purchased a 99 GT, when I bought it the owner didn't have the remotes for the alarm and she said she would mail them to me, which she did. They didn't work, so I figured I would reprogram them, but I cannot get them to work. I turn the key on and off as I have read but my horn does not honk to show that it is in learning mode. What am I doing wrong? I checked the fuse box under the dash and cannot see a fuse for the alarm and the connecitons to the box seem to be good. Any help is appreciated.

I went and looked under my dash, but I cannot see a button anywhere. Does anyone have a picture of it? I read that I had to cycle the key from lock to on 10 times in 15 seconds, opena dn close the door and then press a button on the remote? I am off?

The button is close to the hook release leaver and faces directly up. Its about the size of a pencil erasor and has a ring arounf it to keep you from hitting it on accident. I would have never found mine by going by feel, I had to look for it.

Archived