LegacyGT.com

Bilsteins HD's/stock LGT springs

ryoowatari

Has anybody ever run the setup with just Bilstein HD's and stock LGT springs? Any comments on ride quality and/or random clunky noises? I've searched this forum up and down to no avail.

I have a 2005 Legacy GT wagon on Bilstein HD's and swifts - I'm going back to stock springs (and possibly just back to stock struts) to alleviate the toe alignment issues I have in the rear. I appreciate the help!

What is your toe issue in the rear? There is a TON of toe adjustment in the rear.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Toe issue sounds kind of weird but if you're insistent on changing your springs out, you should consider Ralliteks or something that gives you less of a drop while retaining some performance.

You'd at least break even by selling the Swifts afterward.

Any ideas as to what it could be? I have a feeling that I were back to stock all together - the alignment could be done to spec. When attempting to align it, there was just not enough room to make adjustment - it was recommended I get the whiteline control arms set for the rear, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Something is either bent or broken. Either on your car, or on the alignment rack.

I'd take the car somewhere else to get aligned as a second opinion. If I can get 0.00 toe in my Outback (~3" lower than stock), there is no excuse for you not being able to do the same.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've taken it to at least 4 places. The last place I brought it to pointed out that I might just need the aftermarket arms for the rear. Do you think it's the arms themselves that could be warped? Does anybody know if the arms on the same on the stock legacy sedan and wagon? I can possible get some stock ones off a sedan - but i want to see if they're the same.

From the JDM suspension FAQ:

Can I use USDM stock springs on Bilsteins?

No. USDM stock springs are longer and while probably you could cram them on Bilstein, the car won't ride or look good. Other USDM specific springs like USDM-specific Ions on Cobbs might fit but again would be seriously mismatched.

I use Bilstein HDs and OEM springs on my '02 LGT, and they work very well. The ride is very controlled, and only harsh on really big bumps (some of that is due to the tires - 235/45-18); however, there is considerably more noise. The Whiteline ALK undoubtedly contributes to the noise. I think it's well worth the tradeoffs; it corners like it's on rails.

I use Bilstein HDs and OEM springs on my '02 LGT, and they work very well. The ride is very controlled, and only harsh on really big bumps (some of that is due to the tires - 235/45-18); however, there is considerably more noise. The Whiteline ALK undoubtedly contributes to the noise. I think it's well worth the tradeoffs; it corners like it's on rails.

I was referring to 05-09 Legacy's as per the FAQ.

Archived