LegacyGT.com

just test drove a 05 lgt 5spd (new thread)

CitizenBT

my first experience driving the lgt 5spd....my first thing of note was...damn...this is fast....second was....how come i have barely any leg room isn't this supposed to be bigger then im impreza? third was....wow...reverse and first are very hard to get into sometimes

my first question is for anyone driving a 5spd and second anyone who has a sedan......how often does the trans like not allow you to go into those gears (1st / R) and could that be due to the car having 50k on it....second question is that how tall are most of you guys driving the leggys....b/c my knees are very close to the steering wheel and wondering if thats normal

any input is welcome

The steering column is adjustable, did you check, maybe it's all the way down? We've got a wagon and a sedan and we're both tall and we each fit.

Can the current owner always get into 1st/R, is it just you? Or is it that car?

montana - car was at one of the many dealerships for my company so couldn't ask the original owner...and i adjusted the steering wheels all the way up....i didn't do the seat all the way down tho...that might have helped...but last time i drove an auto lgt it wasn't super roomy from what i remember....im also not a skinny guy

'm 6'2 and not very small, and I have a great ride in my seat. Maybe someone behind me might not though.

And, 1st gear has been hard very seldom, but reverse has a regularity on being a bitch. I plan on changing my fluid as well soon, so I'll let you know how that is unless you do it before me.

Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

well i have a 99, i know its not a new model but i have a hard time getting into 1st when its cold. once it warms up its ok. reverse is also a bitch, putting it into first before reverse sometimes helps. my buddy's rex is similar....

my first experience driving the lgt 5spd....my first thing of note was...damn...this is fast....second was....how come i have barely any leg room isn't this supposed to be bigger then im impreza? third was....wow...reverse and first are very hard to get into sometimes

my first question is for anyone driving a 5spd and second anyone who has a sedan......how often does the trans like not allow you to go into those gears (1st / R) and could that be due to the car having 50k on it....second question is that how tall are most of you guys driving the leggys....b/c my knees are very close to the steering wheel and wondering if thats normal

any input is welcome

how tall are you? I test drove a 2.5i limited and im 6 ft and had plenty of room as well as reasonable for my 6'2" buddy in the back seat

im not amazingly tall...about 6 or 6 1 but i have big legs so thats one of the problems...but the more i think about it the more i think i'd be fine...the whole trans problem thing i guess is just one of those things you learn to live with? but i've also been thinking about an 07/08 fxt sport.......but i can't get one with leather...only the limited comes with leather and thats not as nice outside as the sport : /

I'm 6ft4 and find the car really comfortable on long trips. I even have the seat adjusted forward a little from the back stop.

Reverse is hard to get into on most manual cars because it has no synchro I think. If 1st is hard to get into perhaps the synchro is gone/going on that gear?

my first question is for anyone driving a 5spd and second anyone who has a sedan......how often does the trans like not allow you to go into those gears (1st / R) and could that be due to the car having 50k on it

If you can't get it in to reverse easily, let the clutch out and press it again. Also, if you can't get it in to first at a stand still, that's kind of odd. If you're going above 10mph and you want to put it in to first, you should really rev match it. I never do this though as my old WRX would grind like a mofo if you weren't at a complete stop when putting it in to first. After driving that tranny, everything else seems normal.

im not amazingly tall...about 6 or 6 1 but i have big legs so thats one of the problems...but the more i think about it the more i think i'd be fine...the whole trans problem thing i guess is just one of those things you learn to live with? but i've also been thinking about an 07/08 fxt sport.......but i can't get one with leather...only the limited comes with leather and thats not as nice outside as the sport : /

I guess some of it is how you position yourself. My father is 5'6" and in our 98 Dodge Dakota When I get in after him I put the wheel down a knotch and move the seat forward 3 knotches. is the the FXT a ford truck? Not familiar with that abreviation

First gear is fine as long as the car is standing still. Reverse is always finicky, more so in the colder weather. I think someone else on here mentioned it, but just let the clutch out in neutral, blip the throttle, put it into reverse and go. As for leg room - it is a little cozy, but I'm only 5'10", so I've got decent room. I only wish the steering wheel was telescopic so I could get a leg closeness to arm closeness ratio that felt a little more comfy to me.

5'11" and I fit fine. Try adjusting the steering wheel. Also, first is easy as pie, but reverse tends to be tricky maybe 30% of the time if that. Just double clutch and she slides right in.

If you're really in the market, check this out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72784

I couldn't resist... :p

now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

I guess some of it is how you position yourself. My father is 5'6" and in our 98 Dodge Dakota When I get in after him I put the wheel down a knotch and move the seat forward 3 knotches. is the the FXT a ford truck? Not familiar with that abreviation

yeah its how i like to be seated....i like to have my left leg fully extended when the clutch is down so im not close to the steering wheel with my knee when i release

and fxt is a forester xt.....i wouldn't be cought dead owning a ford truck.....now a toyota tacoma xrunner....now i was really thinking about getting one of those....

Legroom is fine for me, but I did notice that it is narrow. Reverse is somewhat of a trick sometimes. I've found letting the clutch out slightly and trying it usually works. If you are having trouble getting into first a speeds less than say 10-15mph, there may be a problem with the 1rst gear syncro. My WRX's syncro was bad, but I never knew it because it was always a problem.:)

Glad to know im not the only one who had a hard time getting into reverse.. and what really threw me off (had to drive the car back from the mall to the dealer) it must of had back up sensors.. every time I thought I had it in R and let the clutch out it stalled :-/ finally on the 3rd try I got it to stay and I was fine.

Only had a hard time getting into 1st once

1st is easy reverse is a pain sometime and im 6foot plenty of room

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived