LegacyGT.com

98 LGT Second cat delete?

So ive done some searching, and cant really find much on our cars with the 2nd cat deleted. (Waits for link to be posted of thread i didnt find :lol: )

My car threw a P0420 the other day randomly after i literally just replaced the Fuel filter, PCV valve, Trans fluid+filter, Engine oil+filter, Center diff fluid, NGK V power spark plugs, Cleaned the throttle body, did a Chevron fuel system cleaner (on sale 2 for $8) and did a seafoam through the vac line on intake to clean the carbon out :) She sure does run like a new car, much smoother. Of course after i do all the work it throws a P0420. Right now the exhaust setup is Borla header to stock cats , res delete to ebay muffler. Honestly sounds good, very deep and lots of rumble. But not very loud at all. How much louder would a 2nd cat delete make the car? Any performance value to the cat delete? I may even do a Tsudo high flow catted midpipe if i can get a good deal on one.

no performance improvement from deleting the rear cat..

Fouler should get rid of code. But I have tried the trick on a Mazda that had been misfiring for weeks. the cat was too far gone for the trick to work. I think your Seafoam treatment may have overheated the front cat. but try the foulers first as there 5 bucks.

Archived