LegacyGT.com

mirror replacement help

Hey everyone. Have a question concerning my mother's 2011 Legacy.

After a quick trip to the local grocery store, upon her return to her car, she was greeted with a smashed passenger side mirror. There was no damage to any other part of the car luckily. I've located a mirror online at a local wrecking yard but just wondering about the install.

I know typically there's three bolts behind the triangular plastic piece inside the door. Does anyone know what the wiring harness is like. Where does it plug? Does the door panel have to be removed? BTW her car is a Legacy Limited with heated mirrors but without turn signals.

Thanks for any info.

No it's actually the mirror housing that's destroyed. The cap is completely gone and the base is broken. I'm not sure how it happened with no body panel being harmed. The break away feature saved it. Wife had a 10 without the break away. This would have been MUCH worse with that car.

Watched a video on youtube and I think I've answered my own question. Mirror plugs behind the door panel.

Well it warmed up today to almost 50, so I thought it would be a good day to pop off the door panel as the clips might be a little more agreeable than when it gets cold again.

I want to post the youtube video I used:

As well as an old post from Rutchard (#14 in this thread) in helping tackle this project.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/do-you-want-trade-your-wood-trim-my-silver-trim-126360.html?t=126360&highlight=door+panel.

All went well and mom's 11 Legacy looks just as good as it always did.

Since it was my first time pulling the door cover on this model and the fact that it wasn't my car I went a little slower than probably I would normally have, but I'd say probably 30 minutes. I could probably do it in half the time now. I spent some extra time finding a way to support the panel so I didn't have to unplug lots of wiring harnesses.

Archived