LegacyGT.com

A little clutch help

jay-d

I'll get to it.

Stage 2, BNR 16g, Invidia up pipe/down pipe, tuned at 17psi from Logan.

It's a DD, do not track it or and don't launch it.. maybe once in a blue moon, but more importantly it's my DD and that's why it's tuned so conservatively. Stock TMIC and injectors.

I've read everything about the FX300 and I do not want it. The FX350 might be the same.. too much holding power for my car and I don't want that.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clutchmasters-fx300-long-term-reviewsi-169845p8.html

The FX250 looks promising though, or the Exedy Stage 1. I'm not pushing 300hp, maybe a little under.. but I want an organic full face clutch.

Will the FX250 last longer than the FX300? I rev match as much as possible and on my '99 Legacy GT, my stock clutch lasted 220,000km.

Does anyone have the FX250? There's hardly any reviews of it.

Why doesn't anyone like the Exedy Stage 1? I emailed them and they said it's good for 301 ft-tq at the wheels and I am below that for sure. :spin:

I just installed an Exedy Stage 1 in my car and so far I really like it. I ditched the FX350 due to clutch shudder that wouldn't go away. The Exedy feels very much like the stock clutch with only a slightly higher pedal effort. Engagement is smooth and predictable. I've got about 1200 miles on it so far. BNR 16G @ 18 PSI.

We love the Exedy Stage 1 as a stock replacement. Exedy Stage 1 HD is also a good upgrade for higher power cars.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Whats wrong with the FX300? Thats prolly one of the better ones to get.

- Clutch shudder due to the segmented disc.

- kevlar, even though it will last longer, it's toast once you burn it. I'll be teaching my gf soon how to drive manual and don't want to risk frying my clutch.

- A bunch of people say it doesn't last long (thread link in my first post)

I want full face, which is why I was looking at the FX250.

I just installed an Exedy Stage 1 in my car and so far I really like it. I ditched the FX350 due to clutch shudder that wouldn't go away. The Exedy feels very much like the stock clutch with only a slightly higher pedal effort. Engagement is smooth and predictable. I've got about 1200 miles on it so far. BNR 16G @ 18 PSI.

That's awesome, good to know! Thanks :D

We love the Exedy Stage 1 as a stock replacement. Exedy Stage 1 HD is also a good upgrade for higher power cars.

-Mike Paisan

Sweet! I know Mike at Infamous is not a fan of it.

When I searched for the Stage 1 for the '06 WRX (I'm going to the SMFW route), only the regular Stage 1 shows up (part number 15804). However, they have a 15803HD listed but it says for STI. I don't believe that will work for me.. do they make a 15804 HD?

• 3 months later...

-Mike Paisan

When you say stage 1, exactly which clutch is that? Part number? 15804?

I am looking to get away from my fx350 as well.

Contact Mike from his web site.

He got me my Spec 2 clutch and replacement TOB for the TSK3 kit. I love the Spec 2 clutch, it's been flawless since the first time I pushed inthe clutch. 40,000+ miles now.

You can see pictures of it and the old Spec2+ that came out in my click here link.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived