LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned this into an Outback thread. Oops!

Back on topic!

A 3.6r is a 3.6r is a 3.6r.

Legacy, tribeca, outback

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I turned this into an Outback thread. Oops!

Back on topic!

A 3.6r is a 3.6r is a 3.6r.

Legacy, tribeca, outback

This thread stopped being a 3.6R specific thread a long time ago.

So much for hoping to getting the mods started quickly.

The website I ordered the sway bars from says their Subaru warehouse has the 2015 WRX RSB held on back-order for 2-3 weeks. When I called other dealerships to see if I could get a workaround, the response was either "we don't have it and can't get it soon", or "we've never had that part, its a valid number but we've never had it ordered before and will take time".

In addition Rob is trying to secure a set of headers from Tim but with Tim having to wait for his supplier, the date cannot be set in stone for delivery and as such I have still not been able to get a confirmation down on that.

So the mods will happen, I just haven't the foggiest idea when. Oh well *Shrug*

Get the whiteline 22mm adjustable bar.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I couldn't afford the Whiteline bar and I paid significantly less for both bars and accessories then I would have for just the rear bar. Getting married the end of this next month (forgot its not june...yet) completely strapped my finances but i wanted to get started on the mods. I guess I wanted to go with baby steps. Edited by Golferdude1087

good call on getting stuff prior to marriage haha

Aaaaaand before a baby.

I called the shop I originally ordered from and they said they had the parts, but apparently they didn't and now the site says theirs a 2-3 week waiting period. I called a few dealers and they didn't either. I will keep trying and if I can find someone with a definite I will amend my order and get the parts from separate vendors.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Update: http://www.subarupartsandaccessories.com has one in stock and they will be shipping that tomorrow, so I just had the other site remove the bar and ship the remainder of the components. So I should be able to start soon!

Edited by Golferdude1087
Success!!

You're welcome ;)

In other 3.6 news... Who needs new Raptor headers!? Turns out they won't work on the Outback because the front subframe is spaced downward and leaves no clearance for the headers. I am having the shop utilize the stock exhaust manifold collectors, delete the cats, and fabricate a y pipe.

So headers will be up for sale tonight.

You're welcome ;)

In other 3.6 news... Who needs new Raptor headers!? Turns out they won't work on the Outback because the front subframe is spaced downward and leaves no clearance for the headers. I am having the shop utilize the stock exhaust manifold collectors, delete the cats, and fabricate a y pipe.

So headers will be up for sale tonight.

pm sent

So much for hoping to getting the mods started quickly.

In addition Rob is trying to secure a set of headers from Tim but with Tim having to wait for his supplier, the date cannot be set in stone for delivery and as such I have still not been able to get a confirmation down on that.

So the mods will happen, I just haven't the foggiest idea when. Oh well *Shrug*

So, question; do you have an upgraded intake yet?

The production of the version 2 header is definitely completed - items are being loaded for surface freight - will be a good couple of weeks from Monday before I see them.

That's the news as it stands today - anyone wanting a set of the Version 2 headers should contact me soon, there are just few unclaimed sets at this moment

The production of the version 2 header is definitely completed - items are being loaded for surface freight - will be a good couple of weeks from Monday before I see them.

That's the news as it stands today - anyone wanting a set of the Version 2 headers should contact me soon, there are just few unclaimed sets at this moment

PM sent...Shrek is ready for next phase even though tuning is not yet done for TB.

Y-pipe revision 4 (and final) fabricated and installed today, including 2x 2.5" ID Vibrant SS spun-metal cats '7101', 2.5" piping front to back.

Kudos to Al AutoMaster and Rob at AMR. No retune yet, not until we're ready with Bank 2 control.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1468_1470_1111&products_id=856

20150528_160941.thumb.jpg.06b9d4baa1435cebaaf9e05ee62910fd.jpg

20150528_160931.thumb.jpg.d7d704199bc98368256307f767e5298b.jpg

20150528_162857.thumb.jpg.3b0de3f31f81107132b018d5d4c88c4f.jpg

20150528_162833.thumb.jpg.07bfb8fb97c6ea692d7e1161d1bc3cb7.jpg

20150528_162825.thumb.jpg.4fe07fa8f0deb439a97bfb216f582e9a.jpg

20150528_162219.thumb.jpg.e0b099c9e3f484f905b1a19c1c076262.jpg

Edited by Perscitus

^^^ Thanks a bunch!

Added to page 1

Y-pipe revision 4 (and final) fabricated and installed today, including 2x 2.5" ID Vibrant SS spun-metal cats '7101', 2.5" piping front to back.

Kudos to Al AutoMaster and Rob at AMR. No retune yet, not until we're ready with Bank 2 control.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1468_1470_1111&products_id=856

I need! sell to me!

I need! sell to me!

Perscitus, if they can duplicate it, I would love to pay for it and for shipping. It may be a bit of a stretch, but it would be great to have a plug and play cat/y-pipe for those headers.

I can then have any average muffler guy install it and connect up an exhaust to it.

So, question; do you have an upgraded intake yet?

Putting in a Dry flow element but haven't touched the intake otherwise though. According to the Intake Mad Scientist (Perscitus) the stock intake will be just fine unless I'm looking for more high end power and I'm not just yet. (No track days for me for a bit)

Also rumor has it that Raptor is making a RAM AIR CAI for the 5th gen so I might just hold out for that.

Putting in a Dry flow element but haven't touched the intake otherwise though. According to the Intake Mad Scientist (Perscitus) the stock intake will be just fine unless I'm looking for more high end power and I'm not just yet. (No track days for me for a bit)

Also rumor has it that Raptor is making a RAM AIR CAI for the 5th gen so I might just hold out for that.

Okay, 'cause I have my customized Takeda setup sitting in a box right now looking for a new home. I could drop it off with Rob if you guys wanted to do some R&D with it. I never really got the chance to do any tuning with Rob myself.

Okay, 'cause I have my customized Takeda setup sitting in a box right now looking for a new home. I could drop it off with Rob if you guys wanted to do some R&D with it. I never really got the chance to do any tuning with Rob myself.

PM me and lets discuss this further. I wasn't going to really look for an intake just yet but I also am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth either.