LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed 08+ WRX/LGT Top Mount Intercooler - Any Interest?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who ordered through the site, is your notification email providing you with the link to provide feedback for LGT.com or NASIOC?

My email provided the link to the NASIOC GB, likely because my order was made there, but my feedback will be here.

Have suggested to Andy, who sent the email, to include our LGT.com GB link instead of the NASIOC one so members here can provide their feedback.

Andy emailed me and indicated that he would.

Edited by SBT
Correction: Andy (vs Adam)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

How does it feel with new TMIC?

Exactly the same and pretty much what I was expecting with everything else stock.

But, once I get my decatted up-pipe/down-pipe fitted (and possibly a BNR 16g) with a tune I will be feeling happy that there is no chance my IC end tanks will blow out. ;)

I told FedEx to keep mine till Monday after work. It's going to snow here tomorrow and I won't be around any way's. Headed back to VT in a few.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

For those of you who ordered through the site, is your notification email providing you with the link to provide feedback for LGT.com or NASIOC?

My email provided the link to the NASIOC GB, likely because my order was made there, but my feedback will be here.

Have suggested to Andy, who sent the email, to include our LGT.com GB link instead of the NASIOC one so members here can provide their feedback.

Andy emailed me and indicated that he would.

Thanks for the suggestion! Most of our orders come from NASIOC members, so that's the reason the link is in each email. With that said, that's an awesome suggestion. Perhaps I'll create a 'feedback' page on our website that links to various feedback methods (our site, nasioc, lgt, vendor sites, etc).

Also, here are a few more photos to hold you over for the weekend!

http://www.grimmspeed.com/content/images/tmic_subaru_0814_25_1200.jpg

http://www.grimmspeed.com/content/images/tmic_subaru_0814_26_1200.jpg

Matt Beenen

Engineering

sitting on my porch having my before noon sip. and up comes the fedex man handing me a single envelop with the incorrect address on it, turned and said see ya later. calmly I say, this should be almost 26lbs. long pause and I have my intercooler right afterwards.

lesson learned that using fedex in OK sucks. had three deliveries come in questionable order this past week alone.

despite box being scuffed and tossed a bit the part is fantastic. thank you Matt and your team! this thing makes the original part look anemic. will be installed in a few days

sitting on my porch having my before noon sip. and up comes the fedex man handing me a single envelop with the incorrect address on it, turned and said see ya later. calmly I say, this should be almost 26lbs. long pause and I have my intercooler right afterwards.

lesson learned that using fedex in OK sucks. had three deliveries come in questionable order this past week alone.

despite box being scuffed and tossed a bit the part is fantastic. thank you Matt and your team! this thing makes the original part look anemic. will be installed in a few days

If you have Twitter, it is the fastest way to get this issue resolved. @fedexhelp worked for me.

Anyone gonna post up detailed installed pictures?

Gotta live vicariously through those with expendable income.

:lol:

Here are a few more in addition to what I put up earlier.

jHeopXGaT-LGN85_fpjJx5RcNtWRoYhTNMvy2CNATzuVCZOSwhwVs7zXf-qyKbHXlsXu9dTR8XE=w967-h496

aHGsi8qhR-19FOFsjkZeJ_NhtrjMy8HSF2jIm_zr7v231lMGpg8wh9nOeMJcrNyy2APo6M_NdxQ=w967-h496

CIn9KdBqzS4cKWOu8fphXWKZNEDELVzRSLIpO6XHydCeKKcuG4bAc1HUwN32AFLl1gbfcQ8Kltg=w967-h496

9gf5e4sMtReJ6HUmIw50LNP95CZTZExCJgXaz0Yraf6ImNtwxGIlI2X_cdmTG7BceAnEASKc4rU=w967-h496

Edited by wicknetzel
fixed links

Installed mine this last Saturday. Instead of the coating I decided to put some reflective film on it.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn141/Drazengalic/Mobile%20Uploads/20150124_194321.jpg

Couple of things I noticed. The liner does not go back on to the underside of the hood. It might be able to, but I did not force it as it tears easily. The AC line bracket on the firewall mount is different on the LGT then WRX. There is a lip on the back of it that I needed to grind down to get the mount to angle properly. Here is what I'm talking about:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn141/Drazengalic/Mobile%20Uploads/20150124_184756.jpg

Otherwise I really like the intercooler and the splitter. Well engineered. What I really love is that you can access all the PIA hoses on the back of the manifold and below it without removing the intercooler. As my little BOV vacuum line got pulled off on the install and I could put it back without touching the IC. Very, very handy.