LegacyGT.com

STi 4 pot fitment(non brembo)

DGoReck

Ok, I been looking around for the info, couldn't find any. First off, I have yet to get my Legacy GT, but it looks like I will be getting one soon, will be trading/selling me '00 RS coupe for one.

I have the older STi 4 pot front/2pot rears for my RS. The 4pot fronts are on, rears aren't. Would it be possible for them to bolt right up? Does anyone know, or have any information.

Is it even worth it (are the legacy brakes bigger stock then then these WRX brakes)?

I can't find a compariosn of the two. Any information is appreciated.

You probably need some caliper brackets since I think the locations for the brackets are different.

And yes, LGT brakes are larger than WRX brakes, but STi brakes are larger than the LGT.

On a side note, larger doesnt mean it's actually better (weight vs. effective braking). As long as you can lock up the brakes, your brakes are good enough. The only real advantage to having larger brakes is venting off the heat build-up you get (surface area). Better brake pads will provide the bite as well as a better well suited range of heat for your braking. Increasing the clamping force with a larger master cylinder to move that fluid is how you "get your clamp on". Better fluid will prevent the fluid from boiling when it overheats, so you dont end up flooring the pedal and not be able to clamp down on the rotors.

Keefe

Keefe

Thanks for quick response.

Well the STI 4pots I have, use the WRX sized rotors on my RS. I have Slotted Racing Brake rotors with the 4pot pistons. The stopping power is greating improved over my RS brakes, and I can lock up the fronts now, they definately clamp with a lot more force, as I would expect going from floating to 4 pots.

I guess I should jsut sell them off, and take the $1G towards the car payment.

Tires are on my list, I just don't know if I am going to keep my Gold 17" P1's from the RS. I wish the 16" OEM 5 spoke golds would fit the legacy, I think it might look nice, I have a set of those as well.

That what I thought I would have to do, after reading your thread in the Wheels forum. I don't think it is worth the hassle, nor would I probabbly see much benieft in the autox by doing so.

Thanks for the input.

running a lighter tire and wheel would be more beneficial for autox, especially if you run a smaller tire to actually get the GT to use 3rd gear more often. In my case, I am more thirsty for top speed per gear, and larger brakes on the track is more beneficial to me.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived