LegacyGT.com

[How-To] Clutch Damper Valve Delete

Lo and behold, my part came in -- but the sunshade didn't :lol:

I sincerely hope there's another package on its way.

It was meant to be. Still early out there in the west coast ;).

Dealer told me its backordered till 26th of June also ordered an OEM backup camera(also on backorder), how many lgts are doing this mod?

I'll have some next week. I'll post pics when I get them.

Not sure how many but the people who do like it alot.

On the lgt there is also a small damper in the slave. Couple people have taken that out also. But removing just the main damper is a huge improvement in clutch feel.

On the lgt there is also a small damper in the slave. Couple people have taken that out also. But removing just the main damper is a huge improvement in clutch feel.

I am confused. I thought the consensus was that there is only one damper to remove, LGT or otherwise. Now there's two possibilities? :confused:

I am confused. I thought the consensus was that there is only one damper to remove, LGT or otherwise. Now there's two possibilities? :confused:

The GT has a different slave cylinder than the 2.5i and it includes a small spring and rubber piece, which is apparently some sort of small damper device, but it is definitely secondary and minor compared to the main damper. I am not going to bother removing mine until I have to do a clutch.

The GT has a different slave cylinder than the 2.5i and it includes a small spring and rubber piece, which is apparently some sort of small damper device, but it is definitely secondary and minor compared to the main damper. I am not going to bother removing mine until I have to do a clutch.

OK now I get it. For the LGT, this is what you remove (in addition to the main damper) and this is how it looks like, but reeg420 couldn't find it because he doesn't have an LGT.

Just an update on the parts. Talked with the machine shop today and they haven't gotten to them yet. He said they should get to them early to mid next week.

Also there is still no confirmed stainless steel lines that fit our clutch lines. Right?

On that thought do we know if the gt and 2.5i have the same clutch line. I know different slaves so maybe length or fitting at the slave end might be different.

Just an update on the parts. Talked with the machine shop today and they haven't gotten to them yet. He said they should get to them early to mid next week.

Also there is still no confirmed stainless steel lines that fit our clutch lines. Right?

On that thought do we know if the gt and 2.5i have the same clutch line. I know different slaves so maybe length or fitting at the slave end might be different.

Tell them to hurry up :-) i want one and dont want to wait till july to get the oem piece

• 2 weeks later...
Just tell the guy at the auto parts store you need clear tubing for a brake/clutch bleed. He will get you the right stuff. I think maybe 1/8" will be hard to get over the bleeder, so probably 3/16". You can also get some at Home Depot or Lowes I think.