LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what tools do i need to do my hog-zawst...???

You'll need a 14mm wrench, and some M10 or M12 washers. I just bought my washers at lowes for $.80 a bag. You may also need another 14 wrench or ratchet to hold the bolt still while you wrench at the nut, otherwise the whole thing might just spin in its hole.

I just reinstalled my hawgzawst last night with 2 washers, sounds like a ferrari with these equal length headers! (almost :lol:)

May have to tone it down to a stage 1 hawgzawst...

I put mine back to stock the other day and had a heck of a time getting the bolts off. Figured if I did that the wife would go hey you can get your exhaust.... we shall see

I thought the point of the hogzaust was to gradually increase your stages so that when you DO get an exhaust, your wife doesn't notice it being much louder?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck with that! I made an appointment to get them broken at a muffler shop tomorrow. Thirty bucks hopefully will be all it takes..

Did you ever get to the muffler shop? If not, what worked for me (I'm also really limited with my tools) was finding a smaller diameter lead pipe to use as a cheater bar. Just put one end over your wrench, and give er hell. Anything you can find that is at least a couple feet in length will be good enough for leverage!

I went "stage 3" hog-zawst today on my 2.5i with EUL headers... Holy shit I never thought that my car would sound this deep! it sounds similar (but quieter) to a 3 in TBE on a wrx/ sti without the whistle.

I'll post a video soon.

Edit: went down to stage 1 I think I'll go to stage 2 and stay there.

Edited by 2005legacy2.5i

• 5 weeks later...
Did you ever get to the muffler shop? If not, what worked for me (I'm also really limited with my tools) was finding a smaller diameter lead pipe to use as a cheater bar. Just put one end over your wrench, and give er hell. Anything you can find that is at least a couple feet in length will be good enough for leverage!

My other car is a 1994 MX6 and I had to remove some exhaust bolts for the first time last summer. MAPP gas worked wonders for me. Come to think of it, I've never encountered a bolt that MAPP gas wasn't able to break free...

• 2 weeks later...
Got my Prodrives on tonight. The stock mufflers were filled with water. I had my hog-zaust for less than 2 months. You guys sticking with this mod might want to do something to prevent this from rusting the mufflers from the inside out.

• 3 weeks later...