LegacyGT.com

MR Coilovers are on!

LowFast

Well got the MR coilovers on, did the trade this weekend with Steven, nice guy. Anyway, have not taken it out for real testing yet, it should be getting alligned by Neil at SOP if I can get it in today. The ride is nice but I need to do some fine tuning to get it just right. It does looks sweet though, perfectly level and nice and low. I will try to get it washed this week and post up a few pictures. Now just time to convince the wife we need a new, wider, wheel/tire combo. ;)

Better is subjective. Are they as 'smooth' as the bilsteins, that will take a few accumulated miles of driving to decide. They do sharpen up the handling though, and I am happy with that. The install was as easy as removing a few bolts/nuts and then it is just a remove and replace affair. They are a nice looking unit, even when used and dirty. They are also much lighter than the bilsteins, so you save a few pounds at each corner as well.

Sarah will be talking it out for the first time today, so the only review that really matters I will hear about this evening. For my sake I hope she likes them.:lol:

No take backs! :)

:lol:

You know what they say about a woman scorned, she may kill me and then hunt you down.

J/K

Sarah took it for a long drive up to Allen this morning and said that she felt it rode fine, really no difference from before. Although I am sure she will really like it next time we have it on the autocross course. So far so good, have an alignment set up for Wednesday at SOP.

Nope, the bilsteins are rebuildable, but I doubt the stockers on the outback would be worth it even if they are. At the next meet you can take ours out for a spin and see what you think, my guess is that it would firm up your ride but with the extra sidewall of your tires it would still make for a smooth one.

• 3 weeks later...
Traded it to a fellow forum member for the MR's. So far so good, especially considering I drive over 60 miles a day to and from work. I am happy with the ride quality and the handling is awesome compared even to the Bilstiens with the H-Techs. Hopefully over time the MR's hold up well and do not require out of the ordinary attention.

Update:

I have noticed the MR's are 'louder' than the Bilstiens even though the ride is not actually any rougher you hear bumps more than before. I heard a slight rattle from the back and thought it was the coilovers, but it was just some crap in the trunk, the rattle subsided once the trunk was cleaned out.

I can say these are not for everyone, if you want a cadillac ride stay with the stockers, even the bilstiens ride rougher than the stock GT. But I do think that these are a great alternative to the bilstiens with decent ride quality, great handling, and the ability to set the perfect ride height.

If anyone in the Dallas area is conisidering these feel free to let me know at one of our meets and I would be more than happy to take you for a ride so you can test it for yourself.

Archived