LegacyGT.com

Imported problems!

New member looking for some help!

I got a '01 B4 RSK in February, freshly imported from Japan.

It had a gas leak when I first saw it, but the guy had all gas lines replaced at a shop before I purchased it. Still smell it on colder days, if facing the engine bay - it's stronger on the left side. I've been told it's the same engine as the '04 WRX - except twin turbo. I read that generation of WRX had an injector o-ring size upgrade that helped that. Anybody else have this issue?

Also throws a P0171 on highway driving, over 80 and every 15 - 20 mins.

Says bank 1, running too lean. Read several different fixes. O2 senser, clean fuel filter. Anybody know the fix to this or any experience?

Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
I know on the left side of my 2.5NA there are two rubber fuel lines on the rail that pressurize(or keep it at a good level) that have gone bad for me.

Fuel injector o-rings are super cheap and easy to replace(1hr) couldn't hurt.

Fuel lines have all been replaced, gotta go look into o ring prices at the dealership.

Going to be changing my front o2 sensor, can't find a good video or steps online anywhere? Any links or suggestions to check out?

I know on the usdm models you take the passenger wheel off and its right there. I rented a tool kit from the parts store. took me like 30 mins to change mine wasnt rusty. If it's stuck you can spray pb blast warm up the car exhaust by running it and spray again. If not you need a torch.

I had that intermittent gas leak too, but only on cold days. Turned out to be lose fittings at the rubber to hard line connections. When it's cold, turn the key to power the fuel pump and look all over around the rubber to hard line connections. Might be a lose hose fitting. The code could be from a fuel restriction somewhere, but you said all the fuel system was gone through. Change the sensor. Get a Bosch or Denso sensor.

I know on the usdm models you take the passenger wheel off and its right there. I rented a tool kit from the parts store. took me like 30 mins to change mine wasnt rusty. If it's stuck you can spray pb blast warm up the car exhaust by running it and spray again. If not you need a torch.

Thats what I've read! but JDM... and I've seen videos where it's behind the CV boot. :confused: She's going up on Friday to swap the part so we'll see where it's located.

I had that intermittent gas leak too, but only on cold days. Turned out to be lose fittings at the rubber to hard line connections. When it's cold, turn the key to power the fuel pump and look all over around the rubber to hard line connections. Might be a lose hose fitting. The code could be from a fuel restriction somewhere, but you said all the fuel system was gone through. Change the sensor. Get a Bosch or Denso sensor.

Ya, all the fuel lines have been replaced - that's why I'm gonna try the o rings next. I've read the '04 WRX has the same motor as my Legacy, just mines twin - and I read that their o rings would leak and Subaru has bigger ones to purchase. Gas lsmell was coming from the back left side when facing the motor, and only occurred when cold so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the injectors.

Went to my local part store that a friend works at and they had an NTK sensor on hand and sold to me. So gonna try that on Friday, I've read some decent reviews for them - but also worried it's not the right one and will look into Denso or Bosch from another suppler afterwards. :mad:

Archived