LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in USDM 08-09 rear bumper vents?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stalled, pending winning the lottery or some other miracle.

Winning the lottery would be nice but like I said, I am not here to make a profit. I wouldve charged everyone what i spent and break even but at least i can say i made something i am proud of, that was it.

This thread was made to see if there was interest to pursue and take on the project. Since there was, I went on and realized the extent of making these and the cost involved afterward. At least, to do it correctly.

Like others stated, I didnt ask anyone for money up front. I couldve and not delivered apparently like has happened in the past. The money would def move this project along but no one has offered nor would I want that responsibility of taking someones money.

I have contacted R-rev and ravspec in the past and no interest.

But as an update, I have gotten with 01rs25 and he might help me so we will see what our efforts come up with. I am supposed to meet him today.

I will update a little later today with what I have come up with so far.

Better idea as far as manufacturing goes would be make mold. and vacuum form solid sheets of plastic around mold. would cut down on injection molding machines dies ect..

just a thought.

Do you know of a place? What is the quality/durability of this? Obviously im not a materials,process, or manufacturing engineer so i dont know the answers and the best way but if someone from that background could let me know a more affordable way. let me know!

thanks

• 1 year later...

Howzit going.

I am here to revive the thread and was so seeing if the project continued or stood still? I am interested with these vents and would pay whatever costs to have a perfect fit, even a prototype. I would NOT pay 45 for sad quality. I'd pay asking price of $100+ for a great quality product. Lmk of this project is still on the move and I will even pay up front. Mahalo Imprezsing04

Howzit going.

I am here to revive the thread and was so seeing if the project continued or stood still? I am interested with these vents and would pay whatever costs to have a perfect fit, even a prototype. I would NOT pay 45 for sad quality. I'd pay asking price of $100+ for a great quality product. Lmk of this project is still on the move and I will even pay up front. Mahalo Imprezsing04

You couldn't have bumped this at a better time. I'm talking to a place that will 3D scan the JDM vent. I will then modify the stl. file to fit the usdm opening. Check back in a week or two! Thanks for all the patience everyone but I def want to still finish this product through. I gotta see how much 3D scanning is gonna cost...

I sent it to a guy on the forums and he didn't get around to cadding it and he also admitted it was a very challenging shape!

• 7 months later...
You couldn't have bumped this at a better time. I'm talking to a place that will 3D scan the JDM vent. I will then modify the stl. file to fit the usdm opening. Check back in a week or two! Thanks for all the patience everyone but I def want to still finish this product through. I gotta see how much 3D scanning is gonna cost...

I sent it to a guy on the forums and he didn't get around to cadding it and he also admitted it was a very challenging shape!

Bump...

Bump...

Well, I havent given up but I did make SOME progress, I just have some more loops to jump through.

This is a pic of what I have so far, it doesnt fit yet and the actual item will utilize the USDM bolt hole instead of the JDM clips in the back because the usdm openings are too small.

I have been super busy with my full time job and it doesnt look like it will get better until the summer. So, for those of you that hold on to your cars, please be patient, I am still trying! (Cause I know some of the people that were interested listed on post 1 no longer own their 08-09s!)

image.png.a6920c6cd6f77b09fb0a2097da7836e2.png

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't you just cut them out so they actually work?

I did it to my 09 Lego and my 99 Lego I grafted 09 Bumper parts on...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego%2030r/30R16_zps33490a7d.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/DSC_1602.jpg

Why don't you just cut them out so they actually work?

I did it to my 09 Lego and my 99 Lego I grafted 09 Bumper parts on...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego%2030r/30R16_zps33490a7d.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/DSC_1602.jpg

That's not all you grafted.;)

Was the BBK and making the caliper bolt hole bigger worth it?