LegacyGT.com

Is my engine mount bushing torn (pic inside)?

stepinrazor

I was looking under my car today and noticed that the drivers side and passenger side bushings didnt look the same. The passenger side looks like it's torn but I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.

Can someone tell me if it looks alright? Is it supposed to be solid or is it supposed to have that gap between the metal and rubber?

photo.thumb.jpg.3b2b5c33d0c2e0f0802bdd3e2773acc6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
yes engine mount.

Excellent, and very thorough answer.

To answer your question, the stock motor mounts look a little different from side to side. Based on the pic, yours looks normal as that side (atleast on mine) seems to have an additional piece of rubber around it that is cut like that; almost looks like a jacket. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's torn to my knowledge.

Excellent, and very thorough answer.

To answer your question, the stock motor mounts look a little different from side to side. Based on the pic, yours looks normal as that side (atleast on mine) seems to have an additional piece of rubber around it that is cut like that; almost looks like a jacket. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's torn to my knowledge.

I ordered a brand new OEM engine mount and it ended up looking just like my old one in the pic, I returned it. P-UNIT is right the passenger side bushing does have a cut out unlike the drivers side.

Archived