LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control pulsing

Hey everyone, I have an issue with my cruise control and I'm curious as to if anyone else has had this problem and how to fix it. After rebuilding the engine and replacing the TGV sensors everything seems to be in great working condition except for when cruise is engaged.

Basically, what we have found while watching it through the scan tool is that the TPS is hunting for its location as soon as the cruise control is engaged. We road tested it with me holding steady on the throttle and it didn't have an issue but as soon as Cruise was set it begins to hunt for a location and pluses. Its not a horrible thing other than the feeling but after researching it in the books we cannot find any issue stated or a specific repair procedure.

I'm trying to avoid going back to the a Dealership with this problem, but with the equipment we have at our shop we cannot determine the problem. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated

I have and have experienced same issue. Please explain how the wheel bearing and cc are related. Thanks.

There is a magnetic strip on the back of the wheel bearing. The abs sensor (on each wheel) uses this magnetic strip to do its job. There are a few instances where the abs sensor is not working well with aftermarket wheel bearings, thereby affecting cruise control behavior.

Archived