LegacyGT.com

Battery Dead! Warranty Issue?

el5y

Hey everyone,

My 07 LGT wouldn't start this morning. It appears that the battery is dead and I've only had the car for 1.5 years. The last time I drove it was a week ago and that drive was approximately 45 minutes to an hour long. Then only modification made to my car has been adding the Spec B steering wheel with audio controls.

Do you think I can get the battery replaced under warranty? What else could the problem be??

Thanks,

Eric

Get it to the dealer and let them test the battery. It should be simple enough to see if the battery is toast or the alternator output is low.

I think batteries are prorated, although it might be covered under the 3/36. Take a look in the manual, usually its buried in there somewhere.

If its the charging system and the car still has under 36k on it then for sure that's covered.

Glad it started, but it shouldn't have died in the first place. The battery is either bunk, there's an issue with your charging system (alternator) or there's something creating a current draw when the car is shut off.
ignore him, he'll go away.

What Opie said. The replacement ones have a 30 month free replacement.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...

My battery died on me 2 months after buying my Legacy, but it was my fault. I left the dome lights on over the weekend.

I just recently had a problem with the car behaving weird just after start up esp. when the A/C was on. 2 days ago after I turned off the car at the petrol station, the car wouldn't start when I tried. Dead battery. 1 year and some months after I replaced it.

I had not replaced the battery at Subaru service and the guys that did replace it, fit one with the wrong amperage. So maybe your battery is/was of the wrong amperage too which is why it died on you so soon. Either way if it came from Subaru, it should be under warranty.

Archived