LegacyGT.com

The chosen ones....

Ok....serious note guys.....Who is actually going to get this car as soon as it comes out. I personal know that I won't get one for at least a couple of months(buying a house). I also don't want to pay MSRP so if I wait a little them maybe i'll pay less. Just trying to get a head count.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just joined IMBA yesterday, so 6 months from yesterday I plan on getting a GT wagon (after moving into a new house :wink: ). If I could convince a dealer to give one to me at a similar price before the 6 month waiting period is up, I'd do it. Cheers, HeavyB

I'm planning on July, as a birthday present to myself. Joined IMBA a year ago, so I should be good to go for invoice. Anyone know how the process works? If I want a specific color and specific options, do I need to contact IMBA and my dealer far in advance to get it ordered?

[quote name='gurpman']I'm planning on July, as a birthday present to myself. Joined IMBA a year ago, so I should be good to go for invoice. Anyone know how the process works? If I want a specific color and specific options, do I need to contact IMBA and my dealer far in advance to get it ordered?[/quote] This is how it was explained to me by IMBA. Before you are ready to purchase, contact IMBA and give them the name of the dealership you wish to purchase from, IMBA will in turn contact SOA in Cherry Hill NJ. Subaru of America will contact the Subaru dealer of your choice to notify them that you are planning to purchase a new car and are eligible, as an IMBA member, to buy the car at Dealer Invoice Cost. Subaru of America will also mail you a certificate showing you are eligible to receive Dealer Invoice Cost on any new Subaru. This must be presented when you enter the Subaru dealership. I was advised this could be for the purchase or lease of any New vehicle in stock, stock trace at other dealerships or order one if you want to wait. I found one statement in the documentation that could possibly be a sticking point "The final decision of which models are available is left to individual dealer discretion" That means the dealer could refuse to sell the more popular models under this plan which would totally Pi$$ me off. I'll be snooping around several dealers to find out which ones might try to weasle out before selecting them for the certificate.

I'm just waiting for 2.5i to show up (since it should be earlier) to test drive and look at exteriour colors. If all goes well, I'll order GT Limited one at that time. [img]http://forums.thecarfanatics.com/html/emoticons/drool.gif[/img]

Sub-attraction, I'm not sure I'd worry to much about the dealer killing it. Certain models will be unavailable for the discount, but even the STi is available for discount now. There will have to be some dealer out there to take it... otherwise a complaint to Subaru might get them to see the error of their ways. I've also seen a similar stipulation for Ford X-plan vehicles, but I've never actually heard of a dealer turning one down if the model is allowed by the parent company.

Now that I'm selling Acura, I figure the best thing to get will be a wagon since Acura doesn't sell any. That way they can't complain that I didn't buy "their" cars. I've got to become a member with IMBA so that I can be ready. When? Let's see how the finances work out, but I may have to wait a year until my wife starts getting an income as well. :(

I'm waiting up to a year for 3 reasons: 1) I still love my WRX (and its modded to roughly 310 hp). 2) I want a Nav option (if it comes next year). 3) Legacy STi for '06 ??? I can dream can't I!!

[quote name='PPower'] I've got to become a member with IMBA so that I can be ready. When? Let's see how the finances work out, but I may have to wait a year until my wife starts getting an income as well. :([/quote] Well, just pony up the $25 for the IMBA now. It's cheap, and will be all set by November. I really don't want to wait until November, but by doing so it will allow me to save a bit more $$ (as I'm going to buy, not lease) and the IMBA will simply take the dealer out of the stupid haggle game and get me straight to invoice, no BS. :)

hey, racer dave, i have some questinos on the IMBA thing. so, i can buy at invoice price if i am a member of IMBA? and u said u have to wait till november, are there any ways for not to wait? or earlier? i need one right after summer... :(

Well I'm first on my dealerships' list, but I'm still not 100% sure on the legacy until I see the reviews and see it in person to test drive.. I'm also waiting on a work visa extension, so if that dosen't come through then I guess I won't bother. At the moment it's down to the (Regal Blue or Silver) Legacy GT Sedan or the RX8, or as an outside possibility the WRX STi. I was also considering the R32, but that seems to me to be an overpriced package.

Also, note the IMBA fine print that the dealers can choose which cars are to be part of that program. For example, the STi is only only now part of VIP programs, a year or so after its release. Kevin

[quote name='Tide']I'm waiting up to a year for 3 reasons: 1) I still love my WRX (and its modded to roughly 310 hp). 2) I want a Nav option (if it comes next year). 3) Legacy STi for '06 ??? I can dream can't I!![/quote] Hummmmm....maybe I should buy your REX when your ready to sell Tide. I could use a 300+ hp boxer powered rocket for the mean streets of NYC.... :D :D :D
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived