LegacyGT.com

STi Grill

SuBK

So i did some searching and was only able to find info on the Legacy STi grill for 08+. Does anyone know where to find this one in this picture because it is the exact grill but on an 05-07. Also I know this is a JDM Legacy so will this grill still fit USDM? Or did this guy just fabricate the 08 to make it work.. any input on this would be awesome, I need one!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/bennycent50/L-STi.jpg

so if I were to do a 05 JDM bumper swap, which I can easily do a guy near me is wanting to trade for his JDM bumper, then the 08 JDM grill should fit? cuz according to this picture it looks like an 05 JDM bumper with an 08 JDM grill, correct me if I am wrong?

If you think you can 'easily' swap an 05 JDM bumper to an 08 LGT, then you can probably make that grill fit too. Just realize, these are not drop in replacements, and will require cutting/fabricating to swap the bumper. You may want to consider an RBS or Rallitek 08 grill instead, which are made for the USDM 08.

No.. I have an 05 LGT and can get an 05 JDM bumper, but the grill is for an 08 it looks like, sorry for the confusion.... im wanting to put this 08 grill on an 05 LGT... exactly how the picture is, that car is an 05 but the grill is 08

Thats the passed around grill, the tabs that would hold it to the bumper were cut and the wholes dont line up other then that it drops in its on you to secure it to the car.
Mr.350

Thats the passed around grill, the tabs that would hold it to the bumper were cut and the wholes dont line up other then that it drops in its on you to secure it to the car.

is it an 08 grill though? and do you know if it would fit a USDM bumper, and by fit i mean just fit in the area with no gaps, i dont care about holes and tabs lining up I can make that work somehow just as long as it sits flush between the bumper and hood with no gaps

It will not fit the USDM 05-07 bumpers or 08 with out some major modifications.

is it an 08 grill though? and do you know if it would fit a USDM bumper, and by fit i mean just fit in the area with no gaps, i dont care about holes and tabs lining up I can make that work somehow just as long as it sits flush between the bumper and hood with no gaps
Mr.350

• 3 weeks later...

Mr_Luv,

I've talked with Japanparts about picking up the JDM Spec.B Bumper Swap (Rev A-C) and STi Grille. He indicated pretty much what you have said, that it requires modifications.

Questions:

1) The tabs on the bottom of the grille had to be cut since they didn't line up... How are you securing the bottom of the grille, if at all?

2) Did you have to slot the bolt/pop-it holes on the top of the grille as well?

3) Any pics of the car with the hood closed?

Thanks!

-Rick

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Almost is close but no cigar, I know 1st had it wont fit with out the likes of some sort of cutting.

Both the JDM + UK ( front ) Bumper versions will require cutting your bumper reinforcement if you are fitting these bumpers to a USA model as the foam "energy absorber" in the Federal model is physically larger, OR fitting the JDM backbeam + energy absorber saves the cutting

As for interchangeability between the JDM + UK models Front bumpers will depend on the year + model; but I can't see Subaru making these different ( and will be happy to compare Part numbers to confirm that )

GW

Archived