LegacyGT.com

2006 Wagon: 2.5i or 2.5i Special Edition?

Howdy,

I'm getting back into the Subaru game (have had both an OBXT and Forester, though no longer do) and am purchasing a 2006 Legacy Wagon this weekend. I've been trying to find option lists for the 2.5i vs. 2.5i Special Edition (or a brochure for that model year) with no luck, and here's why:

The seller says the Legacy is 2.5i, but it has the panoramic moonroof and power driver's seat. Were those options available on a non-Special Edition? I haven't seen any indication that they were, but possibly?

Does anyone know what if any other options come on the 2.5i SE beyond the 2.5i, for the Wagon specifically? This is an MT.

Thanks much,

Simmons

Thanks guys -- the VIN also bears out that it's an SE.

And I had forgotten about the cars101 site. It has, alas, been many moons...

If you don't mind sharing, what mileage is on the car and how much are you paying for it ? Looking for a car for my older son, and would love to get him a 5MT non-turbo wagon, but they seem to be so overpriced at dealers...:rolleyes:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Sure: it has just under 51,000 miles and we settled on $13,200. That's a bit more than I wanted to pay (though the asking price was $13,900), but as you probably know these are fairly rare. The owner had three emails on it in the first day, apparently. I scoured Craigslist using statewidelist.com and Cars.com/AutoTrader.com for about a week, which isn't very long, I admit.

I did see a really nice one in LA with only 19,000 miles, but it's going for $15,800 and only 19K miles on an 06 seems suspicious. I see at least two 05 GT Wagons for sale on this forum for less, though they both have quite a few more miles (still, I was particularly tempted by the unicorn in NC; I love white and that car looks great).

Either way, it's just what I'm looking for: silver MT with charcoal interior. Once I move it down from Denver to Tucson, however, I'll have to tint the windows! I also need to buy the center armrest extension, it looks like.

I pick it up Sunday. :)

Once I get home and settled in I'll post some pics.

Thanks ! This is a proof of resale value :) A guy down the road has 05 GT Wagon with <30K on it - he's retired and drives it around for leisure, and he's got other cars. So low mileage cars are there, just not too many of them...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived