LegacyGT.com

How to reset ECM, car showing ER HC, won't go away even after battery disconnect

How do you reset the ECM to clear codes when disconnecting the battery for an hour doesn't work?

My car died on the highway and it keeps showing this ER HC odommeter code (high speed CAN systems error) that shows up even after I disconnect the battery.

I do the self diagnostics test with the white clips and the odommeter button and it shows C0105 rear wheels sensor unexpected reading code, but I don't think thats whats preventing my car from running.

How do you trouble shoot this ER HC error code or determine if you have bad ECU, BDIU etc etc.

I towed my car to subaru yesterday, but when they got it they told me it would be $200, instead of the $50 we agree'd to, to start diagnostics since I had removed the kick panels to get to the fusebox and to view the ECM. Soooo I just told the tow truck guy to just tow the car back to my house.

I'm too scared of the dealers random charges. They totally lost my trust with that move. We agreed to one diagnostic charge, then once I my car got there the price quadruppled, AFTER I wasted one of my AAA towings.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

that happen to me was when the voltage got low during an AP V1 flash (scary as s**t, thought I bricked my ecu).

battery contacts clean? voltage good?

try trickle charge or jumping it and then reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and holding the brake light for 10 secs.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived