LegacyGT.com

Passenger Side strut "curb strike"

My baby hit a curb a while back, and the body shop replaced the strut. Ever since then the car still pulls to the right and it seems that the strut is "soft". Meaning that when I make a right turn, it rides on rails. When I make a left turn, It feels like it's roles more to the right "soft strut", more like down-right sloppy. My question is, could they have put a regular legacy strut in, not a "LGT" and or an aftermarket strut? If so, how can I tell ?

correct me if I'm wrong but, if the other struts and springs are worn. then shouldn't the car handle like crap when turning "right", and better when turning "left". But if feels like the strut replaced is "mushy". could a bad strut go stiff ?

sounds like there is another issue that may be contirbuting to your handling concerns. I'd check what the alignment issue is and determine if the camber or toe is affecting your handling (i.e. pulling to the right). for example, if your camber is off, perhaps your one tire might be 'rolling' over too far during the turn or something.

sounds like there is another issue that may be contirbuting to your handling concerns. I'd check what the alignment issue is and determine if the camber or toe is affecting your handling (i.e. pulling to the right). for example, if your camber is off, perhaps your one tire might be 'rolling' over too far during the turn or something.

Agreed, it's back in the shop...

correct me if I'm wrong but, if the other struts and springs are worn. then shouldn't the car handle like crap when turning "right", and better when turning "left". But if feels like the strut replaced is "mushy". could a bad strut go stiff ?
Certainly... struts may not wear out the same way, or at the same time, or to the same degree.

But, beyond that, the replacement could be bad, suffered an infant-mortality failure, been damaged during installation, installed improperly, or the wrong part...

And, as Cardinal mentioned, it could all be compounded with alignment and other issues.

Replacing all your shocks and getting the alignment check might be a good "shotgun" idea to resolve this.

Archived