LegacyGT.com

07 CD player not playing folder 1

ZMAN Z28

I made 2 different cd's, and my factory stereo in my 2007 Legacy 2.5i SE will not play folder #1. It automatically skips to folder #2 and plays the songs in the other folders except for folder #1. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

ZMAN

When I popped my first MP3 cd into the deck, I encountered the same situation. If you have a cd with no sub-folders, then the MP3's are all in Folder 1. If you have sub-folders, they start at Folder 2 and go up from there.

strongrad has it down! It took me a couple of discs to understand that.

The mp3 changer has so much potential, but certain things just annoy me.

The lack of a quick search or some way to search the disc is crazy! This still has me stumped as to the best way to sort all my tunes. If I could scroll/search, a couple of genre folders would be great. Since I can't , I have to use the folder method by artist or genre. I've found this to be limiting too. Maybe I'm too used to my old alpine head, but damn you'd think this would be common sense. 6 discs with 120+ songs on each. WTF!

Also, why won't it scroll the ID3 tag if it's too long? You have the option to display it across 3 lines of text, but it won't stay in this mode! Damn you subaru!

While I'm at it, why does the outback XT come with steering wheel audio controls but the GT sedan/wagon don't???

Done venting...

• 2 years later...

damn, I fired software engineers for less than this!!!! No id3 tag, folder starts at 2, no scrolling of the folder/file name,,,,,,

This is all only a small software issue, a no brainer, done in a week or so......

A really poor job done by the Kenwood or Subaru engineers!

My Rockford Fosgate (yes, Fosgate, shut up) deck 10 years ago had ID3 capabilities with MP3 CDs...

All new car stereos should have a USB mass storage jack in the glove box, period. It's a $.50 chip and an extra $5 worth of wiring and fixtures.

I made 2 different cd's, and my factory stereo in my 2007 Legacy 2.5i SE will not play folder #1. It automatically skips to folder #2 and plays the songs in the other folders except for folder #1. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

ZMAN

since when do our legacy's play MP3's I wish i need along time ago.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

Whenever I make mp3 CDs with folders (a folder for each artist), my HU would never read them as folder 1,2,3,4 but as 1,2,5,7 or any other combo hahah. Its weird. All the files are there, but never in consecutive numbers on the stereo. I have a '08 factory HU. I keep telling myself that maybe I'm burning them wrong, but it happens every time.

It happens when you have MP3's inside sub-folders of folders. The system assigns the main folders with a number as well, but since there are no MP3's in those then you won't see it playing any music from them.

Archived