LegacyGT.com

Update! Cobb WILL get an X-mas card from me this year.

Inspector Gadget

Thread update:

I want to let you know that Cobb is stepping up to the plate and is going to take good care of me. I will say that without proof of purchase and some polite phone conversions and civil email exchanges, this likely wouldn't have happened. When all is said and done, the folks at Cobb were quick to resolve my issues and they did so with a smile.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With JDMChizad's help, I installed a new set of Cobb sway bars and rear reinforcement bracket in January 2010. The front bar failed last November and the rear failed today. :mad:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8204/8213195698_83ce36a6ef.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8576821152_de3c4e77bf.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8576818450_e10cd1cf3d.jpg

Not happy!

Update: I've pasted Cobb's email response below:

To give you a bit of history, when we manufactured these original sway bars, they were transported before being powdercoated. Therefore we have seen over time that customers living in harsh conditions can potentially see failures like this due to contaminants during that transportation before the protective powdercoating was applied. Our newer swaybars do not have this extra step, and are therefore much better. But, this doesn't help your current situation!

Please let me know your vehicle make, and I will make sure to get you all taken care of.

Maybe they're back on my Christmas card list after all. We'll see how this shakes out, but for now the ball is back in their court.

That is crazy! I've got 3 years Cobb F&R sways on mine that I've even taken to the track several time -I'm glad minesin't fail like this in a corner! I'll have to swapout my sways if I ever take the SpecB back out to the track.

That is crazy! I've got 3 years Cobb F&R sways on mine that I've even taken to the track several time -I'm glad minesin't fail like this in a corner! I'll have to swapout my sways if I ever take the SpecB back out to the track.

Methinks you are overreacting. I've had the same bars on my car since 2006 in a place that uses lots of salt on the roads in winter and no prolems with the Cobbs.

A uncommon failure but way to go Cobb for great customer service.

I completely agree on the customer service from Cobb - that is excellent. I disagree on overreacting for the track... Snapping a sway at the track has devistating consequences compared to just on the road. I've already rolled one car at the track; last thing I need is to roll a second ;-). If I suspect the Cobb sways might have a flaw, the $500 cost to change to a different set is a no-brainer in my opinion. I love my Cobb sways... But I love my life even more :)

That said, i have no plans of tracking the SpecB again (rolling a car has made me very cautious of the track), so I'll be sticking with my Cobbs for the foreseeable future.

Methinks you are overreacting. I've had the same bars on my car since 2006 in a place that uses lots of salt on the roads in winter and no prolems with the Cobbs.

A uncommon failure but way to go Cobb for great customer service.

Archived