New Record ....

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/lgt/gas1.jpg

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/lgt/gas2.jpg

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/lgt/gas3.jpg

All on one tank.

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/gas1.jpg

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/gas2.jpg

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/gas3.jpg

15.4 gallons in. Actual mileage closer to 28.1, but couldn't refill on same pump, so it's hard to guess. I would have gone for 450 but need to take the car to the dealer in the morning. That I only filled 15.4 gallons tells me I left a lot of miles on the table ;) But I'm dropping the car off at the dealer in the morning, so I didn't want to drop it off seemingly bone dry. :lol:

For the record - about 240ish miles of highway and country roads on trip to the lake this weekend. Indicated mileage read as high as 31.5 mpg (so 30.5 ish?) and maintained 31.2 driving around 45-55 mph in 5th gear all country roads until I hit about 100 or so miles, then as soon as I hit the highway, the decline began. Drove about 2 hours at 70 mph consistently ... usually with cruise, mostly flat terrain. After that stint, I was down into the 29's range (indicated). Then it was just sheer willpower the rest of the week driving around to and from work in stop and go traffic, etc. Put on at least 100 miles in commuter hell traffic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Driving up to the lake on Friday night, I filled up about 70 miles from the cabin. Got off the freeway, and the computer indicated over 30 mpg. I had cruise set at the speed limit since I was in no hurry (70 mph limit). So then I just continued at the limit on the 55mph roads the rest of the way to the lake. When I pulled in the garage at the lake, it showed 31.5 mpg. I highly suspect I go downhill more from the point I filled up to the lake, and I do think I had a tailwind. Who knows, maybe it was just the right temperature and right barometric pressure or something that helped. Once I had over 220 miles with a half tank to go, it became a mission. :lol:

It took TREMENDOUS willpower! :lol: I'm pretty certain I couldn't do it again.

For the record - about 240ish miles of highway and country roads on trip to the lake this weekend. Indicated mileage read as high as 31.5 mpg (so 30.5 ish?) and maintained 31.2 driving around 45-55 mph in 5th gear all country roads until I hit about 100 or so miles, then as soon as I hit the highway, the decline began.

I've noticed this too. My mileage seems to be better on back roads where speeds are usually in the 45-55 mph range despite the additional hills and turns. When I get on the highway turning 70+ mph, the mileage drops. This trend is opposite from what I've noticed in most of my past cars.

Maybe something to do with the aggressive gearing of the Legacy??

You do know that your car has a trubo in it, right?:confused:

Mine came without a trubo.

Boost levels while cruising at 45-55 mph are similar to when cruising at 70 mph due to the relatively light engine loads. Check it out for yourself sometime.

Mine came without a trubo.

After 5900 miles haven't seen more then 21.9mpg. It's just so hard to stay out of the BOOST. Green light GO! On ramp, must merge with on coming traffic, PUNCH IT!:rolleyes: Is there a cure for this, and do I want it?

Had similair results when I just bought the car and drove to LA from SF. 430 something to the tank, can't prove it with any picture though. Now, I'm lucky to see 26 mpg on a long freeway stint, I have discovered the pedal on the right is attached to something fun, lots of psi of fun.

I've got you beat but I dont have a picture to prove it :-\

If you 'drive by the mpg gauge' and keep the number high you can easily get into the 30's.

Letting it accelerate going down hills, letting off going uphills...

here in TX that means you will fluctuate between 85 and 60 mph. I can be annoying, but some of it is a good habit to learn if you want to save gas.

Reminds me of that Top Gear episode where one of the guys drove about 800 miles on just one full tank of gas with an Audi A8 diesel (and this thing had 2 turbos). :lol:

He also said it was the most draining experience he ever had :p

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Is your car stock or modded.

In another thread I reported seeing 31.7 average (OBC) for 70 miles this past Sunaday keeping the car on cruise ctrl at 60 mph. 3 adultas and a full tank. I hit the trip-meter reset button right when I merged on the highway. The car is pretty fuel efficient if you keep it at its max fuel efficiency speed...which happens to be 55-60 mph for most cars anyways.

No BS. Apparently I'm the only one who has proof. I really wanted to go for 450, but there just wasn't time, and I had to get gas. Oh well.

Not to worry fellas, the new tank is back to a more reasonable 22 mpg so far ;)

Did you miss the point where I said it took tremendous willpower? I don't worry about gas, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself! :lol:

Oh, and yes, the car is stock. If you would like to donate money to my AP fund though, I'd appreciate it! ;)

No BS. Apparently I'm the only one who has proof. I really wanted to go for 450, but there just wasn't time, and I had to get gas. Oh well.

Not to worry fellas, the new tank is back to a more reasonable 22 mpg so far ;)

Did you miss the point where I said it took tremendous willpower? I don't worry about gas, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself! :lol:

Oh, and yes, the car is stock. If you would like to donate money to my AP fund though, I'd appreciate it! ;)

your the guy i stuck behind on the on ramp that goes from 0-60 in 3 minutes

and gets me yellin LETS GO GRANDPA!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Am I the only one who floors it when I pass one of those "Speed Limit 35 / Your Speed ___" ? Just to see if spedometer is working correctly of corse.:rolleyes:

I always thought those signs were a game and you were supposed to try to set the high score. :confused:

Archived