LegacyGT.com

Part Specifications

I own a '94 GT Legacy Twin Turbo (Boxer) Wagon. Bought it second hand but with a known clutch problem. Decided to change many of the parts but am having problems identifying part specifications, Part numbers to be exact, for the following parts

Clutch plates & Disc

Rear Struts (Bellows too?)

I nid a shift stick too with a built in (Boost?) button. Where can i get these?

There's a crickety crank grind in the front wheel bearing when turning. What part needs replacement?

Am residing in East Africa.. knowledge on where i can get these parts and shipping info would be quite helpful.

Now, for my major problem ... I usually warm the engine for about 10 minutes every morning before i head out. During this period however, while idling (obviously) the RPMs intermittently rise from 1500 to about 2500 and then back to the idling about 1200 ... at will without pressing on anything... atleast every 20 - 45 seconds. This only stops when i drive off. What am i up against. At first i thought maybe this is how turbos behave but... shouldnt an engine nurturally simply tone down during warm up without the hic ups??

Then also, there is a prolonged ignition delay while starting the car when the engine isnt hot. I just wish i had a repair manual for this car. Any one with a soft copy??

manuals

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru_manual_scans/

part numbers maybe available at http://opposedforces.com/parts

it will take some time to learn the process but once you get the hang of it you should be able to find most numbers. it is just a matter of looking in the right place.

i don't know if they will shipp international, but i use some of these suppliers:

http://subarupartsforyou.com/

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

of course these are in the US. i would think europe or asis would be a better source for you.

Thanks Johnegg, especially for manuals. Got the hang of it. Can clearly see what part i need plus part number.

Now .. about my car behavioral issues ... any help??

Rockauto rocks... n' subarugenuineparts

re: subarugenuineparts.com

i just read today that since our friend ''subiegal'' does not work there any more the service for online parts orders has dropped off DRAMATICALLY . so a word to the wise....

hopefully they will sort it out and be back on track.

EMZ23, send me an email , canubaru at gmail dot com .

• 3 weeks later...
re: subarugenuineparts.com

i just read today that since our friend ''subiegal'' does not work there any more the service for online parts orders has dropped off DRAMATICALLY . so a word to the wise....

hopefully they will sort it out and be back on track.

EMZ23, send me an email , canubaru at gmail dot com .

To second this, my last order took a couple weeks to ship. There was a problem with it and they haven't responded to any of my emails (it's been a week). They don't have their number on their website, either.

I found their number on NASIOC, it's (425) 641-2002. I was able to get everything sorted out it seems over the phone. The number is, I believe, for the dealership at large so mention that you're calling about an order through the website.

Chap, I'm in Nairobi, had the same RPM problems with my GC8. The issue could be the throttle body, as mine was. All it took was a thorough wash in premium petrol and that got sorted out. Funny thing is there were about 3 other subies at the garage with that same problem. You'll also need to check your MAF in case there's any trace of smoke from your exhaust at startup. 10 minutes is also a lot for warm up, 2 - 3 minutes should do it.

Archived