LegacyGT.com

front end swap

hey every one, I have a 99 legacy that recently got and it has some front end body damage. i was just wondering if i could do a conversion to a bug eye wrx or just anything else to make it stand out. im going to teh junkyard this weekend to get parts so a quick reply would be appreciated thanks.

i didnt do it i just put a 98 fender on it and got a new hood but if i find a few wrx front end pieces then im going to try it. but for now its just stock fender new hood and no bumper yet. im going to make a bumper out of tubing for it and maybe a body and suspension lift.

there is a guy who put a impreza front end on his lgt, parts fit but there were major gaps that needed to be filled in. For him he was doing a wide body kit and doing so filled in the gaps, but time and money was the key in his project

i want to swap engines to that sweet twin turbo omg 280 hp

or a single ej20 t would be nice but my mech said to just keep as is he said to complicated to swap wit this model

I have heard the Twin turbo will not fit into our cars without major....I mean major modification.

you guys can't have the twin turbo motor because you're left hand drive... the brake booster fouls on one of the turbos...

who cares?? most people in aus with EJ20R TT motors swap out for a single because the twins are crap... just buy an EJ20R motor and convert it to single turbo, run a JDM V3 STi ECU and you'll be making over 280HP at the flywheel

valley of death = fail

(VOD or Valley of Death is a brief lull in power/torque when the motor switches from the primary to both turbos... it can be driven around, but if it catches you off guard, it's like horrible boost lag... you're better off with a single turbo)

blaven is correct, the ej20tt was a fail (hence subaru dropping the turbo setup) For us in the states we just need ej20t from a 02-03wrx, with a upgraded vf39, sti intercooler, turbo back, and a open source tune will get you 250-260 to the WHEELS!!! But you are mainly looking at around 5-6k when its all said and done. Its harder for us to get our hands on a ej20R haha so for the same price a ej20t will work.

$5-6k??

cheap as!!

my h6 conversion cost me $13k...

my mate just converted his gen2 with a V2 STi RA motor (210kw stock)...

did all his own labour and still spent over $5k...

stuff must be cheaper over there... because the cash rate isn't that bad that your 6 grand is our 7 grand... or anything like that...

Archived