LegacyGT.com

07 spec b seats in an 05 lgt

05lgt5spd

Subscribed also.. I don't like the spec b alcantera interior much.. I'd rather have the perforated black leather from a regular LGT at some point. Hate to lose the memory seat though.. Would also prefer the fake wood trim to the plain silver trim.

I wouldn't be worried about those as long as the front seats match the rear in terms of color. Which makes things that much more of a pain to locate the right seats. Did I also mention I don't have power seats?

*sigh*

I've done it. Rear seats will bolt right in but you need a few extra pieces to make it work 100%. You will need the "strikers" and the trim plate for the back.

The front seats are a whole nother story which I'm still slowly working on. The 06+ seats have different wiring harness for the seats.

The Driver's side seats will bolt on, but you need to do some splicing of the power seat unit as the regular LGT does not have the same connectors as the Spec B (because of memory seat).

The passenger side seat is the biggest PITA, the easiest solution is if you have 05 power seats, just swap the skins, basically put the covers of the 07 seat onto the 05 power seats. If you dont do that your passenger seatbelt light will be constantly on and the airbag light will constantly say it is off. You will also have a constant seatbelt chime, which I did the "permanent disable" so I never hear any chimes (the seatbelt plug/unplug trick never worked for it). All of this because Subaru went to a new airbag unit for the 06+ cars.

Overall I'm happy with it while still trying to work some of the "kinks" out, hopefully I find an 05 passenger power seat soon so I can finally get them 100% perfect.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3103/3093996190_7fbe0f559f_o.jpg

Yes I was going to add to this thread.. the 05 is dumb and has a different passenger occupancy detection system. One thing to note also is that the 06+ seats have the skins attached differently to the foam.. ie there is this piece of fabric attached to the side airbag, which I was a little weary about breaking/cutting it....

So:

1) Occupancy Detection system is different

2) Skins are a little different how they are attached on the inside.

3) Plugs and bolts/mounts are the same.

• 2 months later...
so, what is the issue with the wiring of the airbag system? is it a different connector on the pass side, or is it just a completely different system. I dont have power seats now, I notice there is a black male plug under each seat that is not being used, is that for the heated seats? the spec b seats have 3 wires.

Plug is the same.. detection method of the seat is completely different.. so I would assume that's why it doesn't like it! :(

The extra plug.. there should be enough for heated seats as well as power for the seats. I haven't dealt with the Spec B but the person above said it has another plug for the "memory".. er the plug is different.

yeah I saw those threads, but neither one really gets into the occupancy detection system. What is required besides swapping the lower seat cushion. I have a good knowledge of electrical systems, so fill me in. And yes, folding seats would be awesome. Its retarded our cars dont have it. I can also get my hands on the 07 interior wiring harness.

But that involves pulling hog-rings and re-installing them. NOT for the faint of heart.

Any more specific questions or if you need a walk-through...drop me a line. Now that vacation's over...I'll be checking into the forums a little more often.

Also, I wrote this "How-To" just after the first of the year. It about took me forever to find it though. Might be of some help. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...t=seat+install

In brief, you'll need to remove the LGT seat and take the back bolster off the seat bottom frame. then peel the upholstery/foam off of the LGT seat frame. Repeat with WRX seat. Stretch the foam/upholstery from the WRX seat onto the LGT seat frame. (This keeps the occupant detection system intact) Bolt the WRX seat back onto the LGT bottom frame (they align perectly). The side airbag in the WRX seat back had the same plug as did the LGT one...so no wire modification required.

Granted...it's more involved than just swapping seats; but it keeps the airbag system intact this way in case of an accident. I went WAY further than that and also installed my seat heaters into the WRX seats (salvaged from the LGT seat).

Archived