LegacyGT.com

Outback Reaar SS Brake Lines & Advice Needed

10thgroupvet

I have 08 OB XT. Installing my used (older) 2 pot Brembos on Rear (I have everything now--adapter shoes and brackets). Will the Goodridge SS lines for the +04 Legacy fit the from the OB hard-line to the Brembos? Will they bolt to the Brembos?

Any other brands or recommendations on rear lines. I have the StopTechs working up front. Just need lines to properly finish rear (rubber lines on now).

Thanks

What lines did you use on the front? I have an '05 OBXT with LGT Brakes on the front, and stock rears. I'd like to put SS lines on, but I can't find any information on which (if any) will fit.

I used StopTech lines in the front. They came with a set of used 4-pot StopTechs I put on the front. I've been told that the LGT lines (any brand) will fit. Haven't tried it yet, put I'm going to give it a whirl with some Techna-Fits for the rear. I don't believe that StopTech makes lines specifically for an OBXT, so they must have been for a LGT, and they fit fine, even with the wheels at full droop while on the jack.

The fronts should be fine as they are the same length and I believe part number as the LGT. The rears however, are slightly longer and a different part number. The couple of guys on here that I know who have installed SS lines made for the LGT on Outbacks with unmodified suspension report the rear's as being "tight". I gather the difference is maybe an inch or 2. To my knowledge the only company that makes OBXT specific SS lines is Techna-fit.

As for the Brembo connection the 04 Legacy is an entirely different car so I would kind of doubt it. Use the Techna-fit lines and save yourself the headache.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Archived