LegacyGT.com

Variable Electronic Supercharger

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No check engine lights or anything? So far would you say its worth the money?

No check engine so far, there's only one minor issue - the supercharger regulator won't start during extremely cold weather colder than -8 degrees C. They give me a quick fix which is to keep the engine warm and reset the regulator. They said, it had a minor bug and have been fixed and they've claimed to have tested it and it should worked until -40 degrees C. They gave me an option that they will either send me a replacement or get their next 9th generation SC which is more powerful (20%) and off course I opted for the latter for an additional minor fee. It should arrived on Monday or Tuestday. The new generation SC has dual scroll with 5 additional blades design and a more powerful motor.

Yup, I have already made up my mind and decided to keep it, I just can't drive without it anymore. Just absolutely love the torquey feeling and increased acceleration all across the RPM range. Of course that's SOTP but I could definitely tell the night and day difference when I drove the other day without the SC started. Still waiting for my GTECH Pro to arrived and we should get an accurate reading of my 0-100kph test run. I have a got feeling that this cut my 0-100kph by at least 1-2 seconds or maybe more. Once I've confirmed this, it will be good to get a dyno test.

Edited by Gborja888

If it works, I would say you shaved maybe a second from your 8 second 0-60.

Please give "car performance free" a try and let us know your 0-60 times with and without the blower.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

If it works, I would say you shaved maybe a second from your 8 second 0-60.

Please give "car performance free" a try and let us know your 0-60 times with and without the blower.

I've tried to use it the other day, but it seems like you have to manually press the button to start the 0-60mph run.

I think the problem why I'm getting inaccurate result with Torque pro is because of the GPS, it's really cloudy and difficult to get GPS signal sometimes here in Beijing and would need a GTECH pro or other gadget with more powerful antenna to resolved this issue.

I finally bite the bullet!

Just got a good offer from the seller of electronic supercharger here for USD600. They gave me a big discount to test their supercharger for 15 days with money back guarantee. If I don't liked it, I can always returned it to them without questions ask. I have inquired about this last November and they contacted me last week and ask if I'm willing to test them for 15 days for a discounted price. They claimed it can improve fuel mileage by 10-15% and increased torque by 20-30%. It gets its signal from the throttle and another from the ignition.

Below are some of the pictures of the e-supercharger kit. The e-supercharger is not that small as I thought, the inlet diameter is about 75mm while the outlet is 70mm.

[ATTACH]200316[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]200317[/ATTACH]

The only problem is the installation manual/instructions are in Chinese but the good part is it has pictures. Looking at it, it seems quite simple to install them. I hope to install them this weekend.

So, who makes this thing? I want it. This car is a dog.

For tuning your 2.5l check with Edward at

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/

He can probably do something bout the tuning on your car. He's done the previous gen 2.5. I'm not sure if he can do the cvt but he's pretty clever.

For the meantime, I have been observing, monitoring and collecting some performance data using the Torque pro. I’m thinking of getting a stage 1 tune. I think with stage1 tune, this SC should work even better. Anyone here got their 2.5i NA ECU tuned? I have already ordered a Tactrix cable and hope to start to tune this car myself if I could not find someone tuning this car.

Edited by nadracer

This is the only "real" electric supercharger that seems to work...albeit with adding a bunch of weight by way of batteries.

OP, good luck...are you planning on getting it tuned? Will you do a base, post installation and post tune dyno? (3 comparisons)

So, who makes this thing? I want it. This car is a dog.

A company called Jianchem makes them here. Let me ask first if they are willing to shipped them to US. I will get back to you later.

For tuning your 2.5l check with Edward at

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/

He can probably do something bout the tuning on your car. He's done the previous gen 2.5. I'm not sure if he can do the cvt but he's pretty clever.

Thanks. I will check on him if I could not find a tuner here locally. Anyway my tactrix cable have arrived. Hopefully ecuflash does support my ecu or else need to send a copy of my rom to tactrix. They will add support of my rom to their software before I could edit them, although they said it will probably take some time to do this.

Edited by Gborja888

A company called Jianchem makes them here. Let me ask first if they are willing to shipped them to US. I will get back to you later.

Actually aliexpress seems to sell them. The 8th gen model# is LX3971. Didnt find the 9th as it has just came out.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Centrifugal-electric-turbocharger-LX3971-car-modification-necessary-power-fuel-national-patent/1636613280.html

Actually, you already have support, you just need your ECU rom defined. This can be done by downloading your rom, joining Romraider, and uploading your rom while being a bit patient. Edward uses Romraider to assist in some rom definitions.

Not to be too much a shill for Edward, I only mentioned him because he can guide you through tuning remotely. I'm in Pennsylvania USA and Edward is in Barbados. I'm over 300 miles from the nearest Subaru tuner so its not exactly doable with a family which made him ideal. The fact that he can do the job made it worth it.

Thanks. I will check on him if I could not find a tuner here locally. Anyway my tactrix cable have arrived. Hopefully ecuflash does support my ecu or else need to send a copy of my rom to tactrix. They will add support of my rom to their software before I could edit them, although they said it will probably take some time to do this.
Edited by nadracer

All the stuff (data logger and wideband O2 sensor) that I've ordered just arrived today including my most anticipated 9th generation e-supercharger.

tool_pic.thumb.jpg.44aae3b3453a146d259933377e49e7b2.jpg

Racelogic Performance Box instead of G-Tech Pro

Innovate LM-2 (wideband O2 sensor with data logger)

This weekend will be fun, will be installing the new e-SC tomorrow and will need to find a shop to install the O2 sensor. If have enough time, will probably play around with the Racelogic P-box.

Also this week, I've already sent my car stock ROM to Tactrix. Currently, my ROM as expected was not supported, so it will need new definition before I could edit the ROM. I also contacted Edward of XRT today to inquire about possibilities of hiring his services for remote tuning.

• 2 months later...

It was cool to see the evolution of the thread, really bummed there was no before and after solid testing though. Effectiveness is unfortunately conjecture at this point.

A few questions:

Have you put a boost gauge on to see if there is actually any boost?

Have you datalogged airflow to see if it actually increased?

Can we see a pic of the fins?

What is the construction of the fins? Are you concerned that a failure means your engine "eats" supercharger innards?

It was cool to see the evolution of the thread, really bummed there was no before and after solid testing though. Effectiveness is unfortunately conjecture at this point.

A few questions:

What is the construction of the fins? Are you concerned that a failure means your engine "eats" supercharger innards?

No boost gauge unfortunately.

Yes, using Romraider logging, we could see airflow actually did increase significantly but we could only see max of about 1 psi and at about 4000rpm boost is all gone. My tuner told me, I needed at least 20 cubic meter/min of maximum flow to maintain the boost which unfortunately my SC is rated and could only supply 13cubic meter per min.

We are doing the tuning right now and our test result showed that the SC could increase top speed by about 15kph when doing the 2nd gear pull (from 2000rpm to redline)

Power gained seems small only 10HP and 9 ft-lb using the stock rom.

Note that these test result is using the stock rom and using the modified SC tubing and cone filter with SC on and off comparison. I think if we tested using the stock intake/airbox and no SC, the gain would have been bigger. I will try to swap the stock intake/airbox when I have time.

Also note that the airflow have change and increase significantly and the stock MAF scaling need big changes as well and I expect this should improve the car performance even more when tuned properly.

Sure

supercharger_fins.thumb.jpg.3e84ce5b360d028889c7f8c2d96a8eb3.jpg

It's made of aluminum. No, I'm not worried, because the SC actually came with cover at the mouth of the air outlet for protection.

supercharger_cover.thumb.jpg.54e735ee8f457dd9095eb439769e7eb6.jpg

Edited by Gborja888

Yes, using Romraider logging, we could see airflow actually did increase significantly but we could only see max of about 1 psi and at about 4000rpm boost is all gone. My tuner told me, I needed at least 20 cubic meter/min of maximum flow to maintain the boost which unfortunately my SC is rated and could only supply 13cubic meter per min.

Do you have the actual numbers of airflow before and after. Without pressurizing (much) I wonder how airflow is increased unless the stock airbox is a major restriction, which I'm doubtful it is.

We are doing the tuning right now and our test result showed that the SC could increase top speed by about 15kph when doing the 2nd gear pull (from 2000rpm to redline)

This is confusing to me, how would the gearing change?

I doubt that 10hp is going to get you 15kph in top speed.

This is very true. Just doing some quick calculations (estimate drag coefficient at 0.3, frontal area as 22.6 sq. ft.), you've got around 88 hp just to overcome drag at the current published top speed of 124 MPH.

If you increase that top speed by ~ 9 MPH (15 kph), you now need almost 109 HP to overcome the added drag force, for a net increase of 21 HP at the wheels.

I'm intrigued. Can't wait to see the dyno charts. How long do the batteries last?

Also per this thread, does know anyone know if someone has tried the Phantom eSC on any 2.5i platform?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/phantom-supercharger-2-5i-and-3-6r-214756.html

The question we should be asking is, has anyone tried this on the FB25 platform?

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I'm intrigued. Can't wait to see the dyno charts. How long do the batteries last?

Also per this thread, does know anyone know if someone has tried the Phantom eSC on any 2.5i platform?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/phantom-supercharger-2-5i-and-3-6r-214756.html

Battery is your car battery iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk