LegacyGT.com

3.6R Transmission Reflash

Took my 2012 3.6R in for my first oil change today and got my transmission re flashed for the harsh downshift into first. Basically for the people that don't know about the 3.6 transmission problem, when approaching a stop sign and you don't stop completely then accelerate immediately the transmission gets confused and slips from 2nd too first gear very harshly. So far so good but I am gonna give it a test tomorrow on a intersection where my car mashes into 1st gear every time.

Took my 2012 3.6R in for my first oil change today and got my transmission re flashed for the harsh downshift into first. Basically for the people that don't know about the 3.6 transmission problem, when approaching a stop sign and you don't stop completely then accelerate immediately the transmission gets confused and slips from 2nd too first gear very harshly. So far so good but I am gonna give it a test tomorrow on a intersection where my car mashes into 1st gear every time.

Let us know if it worked.

I experienced this today again. I got an oil change a couple of weeks ago and they didn't mention a reflash. You'd think they wouldve mentioned it to me. And I was in a rush so I didn't bring it up.

Let us know if it worked.

I experienced this today again. I got an oil change a couple of weeks ago and they didn't mention a reflash. You'd think they wouldve mentioned it to me. And I was in a rush so I didn't bring it up.

The main reason I went was for the re flash. The dealer will not mention it unless you do. My car has done this since the day I pulled it off the dealer lot. As soon as I found out there was a re flash for this I called and made a appointment and also got a oil change.

The main reason I went was for the re flash. The dealer will not mention it unless you do. My car has done this since the day I pulled it off the dealer lot. As soon as I found out there was a re flash for this I called and made a appointment and also got a oil change.

Good stuff, good to know. I'll definitly mention it next time. How long did it take?

Also, is this problem only with the 2011 and 2012 model years?

Are TSB's covered financially by the dealership or is it up to the owner to cover the expense?

I've been finding conflicting answers in my searches; what is the world coming to when you can't get a straight answer on the internet anymore?! :lol:

Thanks!

Are TSB's covered financially by the dealership or is it up to the owner to cover the expense?

I've been finding conflicting answers in my searches; what is the world coming to when you can't get a straight answer on the internet anymore?! :lol:

Thanks!

I heard somewhere on here that TSB's are only covered during the warranty period.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I heard somewhere on here that TSB's are only covered during the warranty period.

ditto, I've experienced the same with other cars.

Awesome :) I'm well within my warranty still; I'll have to see if I can get in for the reflash and shimmy issue in the near future.

Thanks for the replies!

Awesome :) I'm well within my warranty still; I'll have to see if I can get in for the reflash and shimmy issue in the near future.

Thanks for the replies!

If your car does have the shimmy, do not wait until you are close to the end of the warranty period. It has been over 1 month and I am still dealing with SOA and the dealership for mine (steering wheel vibration) and I have about 19K miles on my car. Only SOME cars are affected so if you get the 2 TSBs done and the issue is still there, it could take some time to get resolved. For most, the 2 TSBs fix the issue.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/updated-shimmy-issues-136791p85.html

I had my car zapped yesterday. My dealer didn't make any fuss about it they just took the car and flashed it. Feels great though I did unplug my throttle controller first:rolleyes:. I thought I'd share a document I found.

I'm not sure exactly what its purpose is for but I guess that its a list of ECUs that "should" be reprogrammed. I already knew which ID was mine since I needed it when I talked to EcuTek a couple months back.

mine was 22765AA05B

http://techinfo.subaru.com/assets/reprogramming_pack_listing.pdf

If you want to know what yours is you'll have to remove the glove box and unscrew the module from underneath the dash to read the label and find out.

I had my car zapped yesterday. My dealer didn't make any fuss about it they just took the car and flashed it. Feels great though I did unplug my throttle controller first:rolleyes:. I thought I'd share a document I found.

Whats a throttle controller and what does it do for a automatic?

• 1 year later...

Archived