LegacyGT.com

tenzo wheels?

bama16

http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/roadwheels/dc6v1/big_dc6v1_grey.jpg

saw these wheels...i'm likin them...18x8...$267 a wheel, 22.5lb each....45mm offset. anyone heard anything about them?

That's kinda heavy for an LGT....the stockers are only 16lbs.....gonna have a negative affect on your handling. I saw a set of them in bronze on an SUV...looked good on that.

You sure about that? 16lbs is incredibly light for a 17" OEM cast wheel.

That is what mine weighed on the same scale that says my OZ Cronos are 18.5.....they are pretty light......more to the point...22.5 is HEAVY!!!

Your scale needs to be calibrated. OEM 17" wheels come in at 19-20lbs.

ignore him, he'll go away.

That's kinda heavy for an LGT....the stockers are only 16lbs.....gonna have a negative affect on your handling. I saw a set of them in bronze on an SUV...looked good on that.

you might want to check my FAQ again.. it's definitely not 16 lbs. ;)

Keefe

Stock wheels for 08 LGT weigh 24lbs

I just had new rims put on and my stock 08 LGT wheels weigh 24lbs (or 24.5) each. I checked accuracy of the scale too by weighing a 25 lb weight. Any aftermarket wheel for the 08LGT that weighs less than 24lbs is an upgrade in performance in my book.

Stock rims - 16lbs, you mean the RE92s were almost 28lbs? :lol:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/roadwheels/dc6v1/big_dc6v1_grey.jpg

saw these wheels...i'm likin them...18x8...$267 a wheel, 22.5lb each....45mm offset. anyone heard anything about them?

ill have to stereotype on this , everytime i see tenzo = honda

i would rather pay the same amount for a enkei NT03 250+ per wheel 18.x8

you might want to check my FAQ again.. it's definitely not 16 lbs. ;)

I agree...they definitely are not exactly 16lbs.

Here is what I am working with... I weighed my OEMs with RE-92s....40lbs

My OZ Crono HTs 18x8 with Pirelli P Zero Neros 225/40/18....42lbs

Tirerack says that both tires way 23 pounds in those sizes....the Wheel Weights sticky says the OZ's weigh 18.8lbs.....so I guess I am pretty close. If you ad 23 lb tires to the 22.5lb rims mentioned you are at 45.5 pounds....too heavy.IMHO:mad:

Doesn't matter what the "Exact" weight is...just try not to keep going heavier:confused:

I weigh rims and tires by putting a known weight (50 lbs) on my scale and then adding the object to be weighed....helps eliminate the inaccuracy at the bottom of the scale readings. This scale is the one I use for UPS and Fedex shipments...probably not dead accurate, but it agrees with theirs??:rolleyes:

This scale is the one I use for UPS and Fedex shipments...probably not dead accurate, but it agrees with theirs??:rolleyes:

Moot point, as your OEM weight was off by nearly 3.5lbs which is a significant amount when considering the unsprung weight of wheels.

I do agree with your statement that anything lighter (does not always denote stronger) than stock is step in the right direction.

Yeah!! Maybe his Tenzo 22.5 lb wheels actually only weigh 18 lbs??? Let the quibbling continue. :(

That makes no sense. Why would the manufacturer advertise a heavier weight for their wheel on their own website?

Archived