LegacyGT.com

SOA Suggestions

bluesuby

A drive in the dark last week reminded me how awful the headlights are on my 2005 LGT wagon. I've gone with the best Philips H7 bulbs and they just don't throw any light. I'm considering a Forester for my next car, but was disappointed that Xenon headlights are only available on the top of the line model, and then only when bundled with a remote start and a radar-like safety device at a cost of $2400. I really don't want to get involved with putting aftermarket headlights in a new car, and would prefer the Xenon lights as a stand-alone option across the entire lineup.

SOA's website does have a "contact us" message box which accepts suggestions for future products. If you too are unhappy with your night driving, please send an e-mail asking for better headlights asap.

hid projector Retrofit my friend. Much cheaper now than it us to be.

Don't let the headlights alone change your mind about a new car!!!!

If you haven't seen what a good retrofit is capable of, go to theretrofitsource.com and go to the gallery.

If you want to stick with halogens, search "Osram Rallye" and "9006 HIR" - both can be purchased at candlepower.com and offer noticeable increases in lumens for low- and high-beams, respectively.

Otherwise, go with retrofits, which I ultimately did. Relatively cheap ($300 for retrofit kit + $50 for halos + $10 for headlight sealant) and a pretty straight-forward DIY. Cost-effective and huge difference in lumen output.

The Osram Rallye 65w H7 bulbs are a good choice for the Legacy. Brightness somewhere between the stock bulbs and HIDs, longer life than the stock bulbs, none of the hassle of HIDs.

Given the age of the car you might also want to give the headlight cover a good polish to restore its clarity.

Archived