LegacyGT.com

Let's see your stealth switch installs!

DeltaNu1142

I'm thinking about putting in a switch for the reverse camera when I install that, so that I can switch on the camera on demand... mainly because I can. I like to keep things mostly looking stock, so I'd like to get some ideas on where to install surreptitious switches.

I saw this thread, where another member replaced the cigarette lighter plug with a push button... but I'd like to keep that free, so for those with ninja switches, what did you use & where did you put them?

Tits mcgee

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The unused spot on the left for JDM only switches (near the mirror adj/heated wiper/mirror button is). Haven't done it, but that's where I'd go with a switch.

The unused spot on the left for JDM only switches (near the mirror adj/heated wiper/mirror button is). Haven't done it, but that's where I'd go with a switch.

Just get the JDM switch so no need to rip apart that switch spot to make it

work. Did it with my hidden wires for my radar detector.

If I had the switches to put there, that's what I'd do... but I don't like the look of an aftermarket switch forced into that location.

my other idea is to put rocker panel switches on the side of the cup holder wall

Yeah, that's not bad... and in the thread I linked above, a guy mentioned putting a rocker switch in the bottom of the cupholder. Problem is, sometimes I actually put cups in there.

Tits mcgee

If you have a shift boot, make a L bracket for a rocker switch just inside the brim of the shifter surround.

THAT'S friggin' stealth... I'll have to check to see whether I have enough slack in the boot to pull that off. The location is so good that it's almost a waste to use it for a silly reverse camera.

Tits mcgee

Yeah, that's not bad... and in the thread I linked above, a guy mentioned putting a rocker switch in the bottom of the cupholder. Problem is, sometimes I actually put cups in there.

not at the bottom where the bottom of the cup sits. above the bottom where its kinda recessed. Regular drinks that and bottles shouldnt hit the switches because rocker switches are kinda flush, and if you used spade terminals then the wires should not contact if you accidentally spilled something

I dont have a use for switches yet, so no point of installing them yet:spin:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I have a rocker switch in my cubholders. Controls both the lights in my cupholder and the ones in my headliner.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/63231_664661131753_15206889_36442149_5631103_n.jpg

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I have a rocker switch in my cubholders. Controls both the lights in my cupholder and the ones in my headliner.

Nice. Is there a reason you didn't put it in one of these locations? That way, it's less likely stuff in the cupholder will hit it. I just wonder if there's something structural behind those spots that would prevent you from putting a switch there.

http://i.imgur.com/cM76j.jpg

Tits mcgee

If I remember correctly there was stuff in the way. The drivers side came in contact with the e-brake and the passenger side is designed in such a way that the easiest spot was where I installed it. Nothing ever comes in contact with it and its nice and stealth.
Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Nice. Is there a reason you didn't put it in one of these locations? That way, it's less likely stuff in the cupholder will hit it. I just wonder if there's something structural behind those spots that would prevent you from putting a switch there.

I thought it was recessed:lol: well its been almost a week without my car and my memory isnt that good:spin: thats the area i meant though

I was like, I'm gonna take a picture....ugh i dont have my car:(

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Yeahhhh, that looks like it'll work. Those little horizontal "shelves" in each corner might work for some small pushbuttons. That's a place that's likely to get gummed up if you spill anything in there, though...
Tits mcgee

This was used on my LGT when I had the electronic exhaust cutout, I've since replaced the mid-pipe because the EEC was giving me a lot of problems. And this aint so stealth....

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/jkorets/Sexy%20Legs/CIMG4766.jpg

This will work if you actually have a shift boot. Mount switch on a bracket beneath the boot. It will not be seen, but will be felt. Use a robust switch that can't be accidently moved by the shifting.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

OH wow. I totally forgot about the two switches in the LEFT two red boxes. The one on the right closest to/to the right of the Shifter knob that is black with white triangles that is the one that controlled my EEC.

The one closest to the ignition was for my backup camera. If I flicked the switch I could drive with the camera on permantly, as opposed to it only engaging when I put the car in reverse.

The black and red switches glued to the side of that plastic panel, which would be right by my right knee when driving was to control these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zBOtoBj6-0]2005 Subaru Legacy GT EMS first responder Vehicle. - YouTube[/ame]

• I Donated
I like the shift boot idea. I have a switch on the lower plastic on the B-pillar that controls the door pin switch there, so that I can work under my dash while listening to music without the constant dinging. It's pretty unobtrusive. I've also thought of the side of the center console next to the seat for my next switch, whatever it may be. My e-cutout switch is integrated in where the JDM headlight leveling switch goes (next to the illumination dimmer), but you already said you don't like that.

Archived