LegacyGT.com

Gialla Angel eyes installed

mudfoot

I would first like to say THANKS to VXCL....

Without his help I would have never gotten it done.. Thanks to Jerami1981 for posting his info on his install in the groupbuy thread. The install took a while because on top one of the wires came out... it was a pain trying to get it back in there... we wound up using some clear epoxy to hold it down.. after that I applied some on all of them as precaution.

We had a slight mishap with the drivers side because the lense pushed up on top of the angel eye and caused the bottom part where we applied the epoxy to pop off... Ony we didnt notice it until everything was back together...The other 2 points where the epoxy are applied didnt come loose... I'll have to fix it when I do my HID's .. I also removed the amber lenses... and replaced the bulbs wth this funky looking phillips amber bulb thats real cool....

eyesleft.thumb.jpg.e99fe376c5fa19a5e5c873ad636eadca.jpg

eyesright.thumb.jpg.b29b0bf169b0f6d2eefff03f8d4f42d4.jpg

Got Torque ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

glad you love them..sorry about not warning you too let the epoxy set for at least 4 or 5 hours. question for those of you who wired them into your corner lighs..do your ccfls blink when you hit your lock and unlock buttons on your key fob???

^ +1. :) Tap the ones that I tapped, and yours should not blink. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

unfortunately as soon as we took them out of the box one of the wires came off. i knew it wasnt a good sign of what was to come. the whole epoxy thing is a real PITA.

i do have one suggestion to anyone trying to fit these into their car. sand down the 3 point things around the bezel and paint that piece. then just install the halos flush against the opening with the provided 3m tape. if i had to do it again thats the route i would go. it would also look as oem as you can get.

mud if you want to go that route let me know. i can have it professionally painted if you want. down time may be a couple days though.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

^ +1. :) Tap the ones that I tapped, and yours should not blink. ;)

Mine dont blink as i ran my independently so i can just have my halos and nothing else on, but i was just curious as to the blinking corners and the effect on the halos. thanks for satisfying mym curiosity :)

:(the passenger halo's bottom contact where it was epoxied came off:(

now the drivers side isnt lonely

that really sux. too bad you have to be a genea pig on this. its so tight your gonna have to shave it :) other then the fitment issue it is a pretty nice kit compared to others i have seen.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

that really sux. too bad you have to be a genea pig on this. its so tight your gonna have to shave it :) other then the fitment issue it is a pretty nice kit compared to others i have seen.

Yeah... I guess so.. I'll make another trip out to you if you dont mind... I'll shave the points down... I'll put some bondo on if need be.. and use some quality spray paint... I cant have any down time to have a body shop paint them..

More car is defintely getting alot of looks because of them...

Got Torque ?

only reason i would go professional paint is becuase i have seen the high temp paint flake off when used near a xenon projector lens. and this is with sanding down to the plastic prior to painting. but the oem suby setup does leave about a 1/4" gap from the trim piece so it may actually be fine. im thinking you paint those trim pieces a nice black or charcoal color.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

ok, i now have a problem with mine :(.....one light is out..well not completely..there is about a 1/4-1/2 inch of visible light coming out of one side where the wires go into the eye...but thats it...it has power so i cant figure out what is wrong with it..anyone know if i can order just one replacement???

ok, i now have a problem with mine :(.....one light is out..well not completely..there is about a 1/4-1/2 inch of visible light coming out of one side where the wires go into the eye...but thats it...it has power so i cant figure out what is wrong with it..anyone know if i can order just one replacement???

Check your transformer and/or wiring. Start with wiring first - look at all the connectors to make sure that they're well-connected and without any condensation or shorts.

If that fails, check the transformer. A swap from one side to the other may be needed, and this might entail some cutting and splicing of wiring.

Best of luck! :)

^ :(

I don't think so - it needs to be there to "transform" the electrical energy supplied in order to "push" the light.... A direct hard-wire with the transformer out of the equation probably won't get the bulb to light at all.

Anyone who has one of these units and/or more electrical knowledge than me can offer some help?

it is now official, you can not wire around the transformer...i have now hacked up as much wiring as is humanly possbile and have gotten no solid answer. I think rather than hack up the one that still works i will simpy see if i can replace it individually through tide. I'll start with trying to get a new transformer, if i can i'll try that, if it still doesnt work i'll try to get a whole new individual unit and see if that helps. thanks for your help allen, i love it when things just dont seem to go right :), maybe i should call them devils eyes instead.

^ Hey, technically, CCFLs are called "DDEs" or "Daytime Demon Eyes." ;)

Sorry I couldn't help you more, bruddah. :(

If the transformer is a lost cause, can you open it up to see if perhaps it's just water/moisture ingestion? The Gen-1 units sourced through RPM had this particular problem, but I remain uncertain if anyone was able to restore full-operation after "drying out" the transformer.

And I wonder if there's a way to source a similar transformer off, say, a StreetGlow or other such widely-available "neon" unit from your local automotive parts shop - would the current/voltage be the same?

The only reservation I'd then have would be whether an improper match could cause damage to the CCFL itself. Is/Are there any writing present on the transformer box body to indicate what we're looking at?

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about electronics to give you a good answer here.... :(

^ I've never tried, but I do not think it will provide enough juice...... You might get partial lighting of both. Dunno... Not a stupid question at all!

Archived